Zagster is the fastest-growing bike-share provider in North America. With industry-leading technology and an innovative operations model, our mission is to make the bike the most loved form of transportation — and we’re looking for an exceptional Accountant to help make it happen.
We’ve recently raised $10 million in Series B funding and operate more than 200 bike sharing programs, with clients such as Princeton University, Fort Collins Colorado, General Motors and Equity Properties. At Zagster, you will help transform the way people get around to make tangible improvements to the sustainability, health, and quality of life of communities everywhere.
We are looking for an Accountant to assist with a wide range of accounting and finance functions. This role requires an ability to adapt and learn quickly, along with an eagerness to work in a fast-paced startup environment. Excellent attention to detail, communication, and time management are essential for this role.
As part of the Zagster Finance team, you will participate in the daily accounting and finance functions of the department. This exciting role will provide you with hands-on experience and exposure to all aspects of the accounting, finance and auditing functions.
- Participate in key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on general ledger and financial results
- Review contracts, sales orders and purchase orders to assess proper revenue recognition
- Analyze financial trends and variances and keep management informed
- Prepare and develop key management reports
- Contribute to actual versus forecast variance analysis
- Assist with the successful completion of the year-end audit, and schedule requests of external auditors
- Establishment, documentation and continuous improvement of all financial processes, workflows and forms
- Manage accounts receivable; account analysis, reconciliations and preparation of journal entries
- Ad hoc projects to be determined as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-4 years accounting experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Must be detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with clients and colleagues in a professional and helpful manner