Are you an experienced Android developer? Want to come help build and evolve the Android stack for a product that's making driving more affordable and safer for everyone? As an Android developer at TrueMotion, you’ll lead new mobile projects from concept to implementation, including the development of key functionality and infrastructure. The ideal person for this role will be someone who is able to weigh both technical and business considerations, works collaboratively, communicates articulately and inspires people to be awesome!
- Own the development of our Android app store and B2B applications and SDKs
- Scale mobile team processes by practicing “Clean Code” principles in one or more of the following domains: app architecture, branching/versioning, release train, feature flipping and A/B test, CI pipeline, TDD.
- Confidently advocate for the Android platform e.g: evaluating new frameworks, mentoring the team and leading the Android technical vision at TrueMotion
- Delivering apps to the market with continually increasing productivity, while also maintaining and continually improving turnaround time and and quality
- Participate in code reviews and team meetings
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
- Fluency in Java
- Knowledge of RxJava and/or Kotlin
- Experience designing robust, extensible and customizable mobile application code and frameworks
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
- Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD) and debugging.
- Basic cryptographic knowledge
- Literacy in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, Python.
- System engineering /architectural skills e.g. be able to understand the big picture.
At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized self starter, then TrueMotion may be for you! Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role. We are also unable to provide visa sponsorships at this time.