EverTrue is a leading advancement software platform that supports fundraising efforts at educational institutions. Powered by institutional data and third-party insights, EverTrue provides streamlined access to donor data to help advancement offices more effectively engage constituents and maximize giving potential. The EverTrue platform improves results for the entire advancement team through targeted products for alumni relations, annual giving, prospect research and gift officers.
Today, more than 300 institutions and organizations are using EverTrue’s web and mobile apps to strengthen their donor pipelines and increase giving participation and engagement.
EverTrue is looking to add an experienced Java engineer to our product & engineering team. This team currently owns projects in Java tech stacks. You will closely work with our team of experienced front-end and back-end engineers and product managers to build innovative products and write great code.
Our Technical Stack
- Data Infrastructure - Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Memcached, Redis, and MySQL
- APIs - Java w/ Dropwizard,, Ruby w/ Rails & Rack
- Servers - Mesos & EC2, automated by Chef
The core values of our engineering team are autonomy, trust, respect, and passion, and more about this can be found on our blog. We are looking for talented engineers that share the same values.
- Be a leading voice on how our microservices should be designed and scaled to handle billions of data points
- Be challenged to write readable code in a performance critical environment
- Be the owner of multiple projects and have the autonomy to drive them to success
- Be a welcomed contributor to projects that interest you, even if you don’t own them
- Be expected to evaluate and rationalize when to take a short term vs. long term approach to engineering solutions
- Have a measurable feedback loop with a manager, who is bought in to your success
- Change the world for nonprofit organizations
- Work with folks who know more about homebrewing than you could possibly imagine
- Experience with Java, Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL. Bonus points for Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Mesos.
- Deep understanding of modern API design patterns and best practices
- Experience building microservices in a highly concurrent & distributed platform
- Experience with Ruby, Rack & Rails a plus.
- Experience with modeling denormalized and normalized data
- Have contributed to open-source libraries or built your own side projects
- Value autonomy, trust, respect and passion
- Positive attitude with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
Our fantastic employee benefits package includes:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Plans as well as pre-tax commuter and parking plans.
- Unlimited Vacation and TrueAdventure bonus to help pay for a really awesome vacation
- Stake in EverTrue
- 401k Plan with Matching
- Great culture - community service activities, annual company trip to Provincetown, happy hours and more fun!