Leading the Business Intelligence team, the candidate will work to provide data driven, detailed analysis to the finance, marketing, discovery and operations departments of the company to facilitate better decision-making and create transparency of results using various tools.
- Lead inventory forecasting across our entire catalog of over 8000 SKUs to maximize inventory turnover, while minimizing out of stocks including holiday planning.
- Generate operational KPIs and automate daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting using data analytics tools such as RJ Metrics.
- Work cross functionally with CFO and executive management to prioritize business and information needs. This includes business modeling, marketing strategy and ROI analyses.
- Think creatively and manage product price tracking initiatives and shape pricing strategy with the merchandising team.
- Assist in budget creation and lead customer churn/LTV analysis.
- Work cross-functionally to locate and define new process improvement opportunities including the teams work flow. The team currently uses Jira as a ticketing tool
- Manage the Senior Data Analyst and Pricing Analyst
- This role will report to the CFO and VP of Operations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Business, Mathematics, Economics, or related analytical field.
- Proficiency with Excel (Pivot tables, vlookup, index match, etc.)
- Proficiency with MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of statistics and experience analyzing large data sets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Python preferred, but not required
- 4-8 years experience in an analytical role
- Experience in managing a team
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial spirit, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and eager to learn, strong ability to multitask
Your cover letter is your chance to stand out and help us get to know you! To apply, visit www.thegrommet.com/careers, and click ‘Apply’ next to this position. Please note that resumes submitted without cover letters will not be reviewed.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- How did you hear about The Grommet?
- Tell us about a time when you worked successfully as part of a team.
- Tell us about a time when you received exceptional customer service from someone else. What made it stand out?
- What is your favorite Grommet and why?
About The Grommet:
The Grommet is a product launch platform. This means we find unique, undiscovered products and help them succeed. Our goal is to level the playing field so the best companies can win. Until The Grommet came along in 2008, that was simply not always the case. We have attracted a powerful community of Makers, Retailers and Consumers whose enthusiasm for suggesting, sharing, and buying Grommets ensures the survival and growth of the ground-breaking companies behind them. We are rooted in the philosophy of Citizen Commerce™ whereby regular people form the consumer experience by suggesting products that reflect their values and interests.
In the summer of 2014 we launched a new Wholesale Platform at the White House Maker Faire to connect these independent Makers with Main Street Retailers, supporting both and ensuring their success. Our end goal is that within five years 10% of all products flowing through U.S. retail will be originating from independent small-scale Makers, creating vibrant jobs and innovative products in every corner of our country.
Our team is composed of creative and driven individuals with unique vision who are building a disruptive product launch platform with no direct competitors. We have blue chip investors, including Rakuten, and are in high-growth mode.
We're seeking high-energy players who are eager to contribute to the growth of our company and to share in its success. These are high-potential positions on the Grommet's team with exposure and the opportunity to reach into all areas of this exciting company. Our team is growing, and these hires will have the opportunity to make a deep and immediate impact on our business.