At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to be at work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized, self starter, then TrueMotion might be a great fit. Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
About the role:
As part of TrueMotion's Solutions team, you'll work collaboratively with all of our teams here at TrueMotion, but especially with Data Science, Product, Development, Sales, and Marketing. The ideal candidate will be comfortable doing a variety of different things, including: programming, data / statistical analysis, creating and presenting materials to active and potential customers, troubleshooting problems, and supporting customers.
What you'll do:
- Design and conduct research on driver behavior and various aspects of our business using TrueMotion’s rich datasets.
- Build tools for ongoing monitoring and reporting, including defining metrics and building visualizations.
- Set up customer trials in collaboration with our sales team.
- Monitor and support trials and customers, and investigate anomalies.
- Maintain ownership of issues through to full resolution.
- Create and present analyses of trial results.
- Serve as technical point person during the sales process.
- Liaison between various departments within TrueMotion.
- ETL development and monitoring.
- Collaborate with data science teams and participate in regular data science training.
- Bring insights from the trials and customers to the R&D process on the data science team.
- Bring data science to bear on the sales and customer processes.
Skills you'll need:
- Programming / Software Development skills using tools such as Python and SQL.
- Clear and effective communicator (spoken, written, and visual).
- Polite, customer-centric manner.
- Ability to provide concise summaries of complex issues and analyses.
- Analytical thinker; experience in applying statistical techniques to analyze complex data sets; instinct for common analytical pitfalls.
- Quickly understand how to characterize and interrogate complex data sets to answer questions, diagnose problems.
- Understanding of what questions a dataset cannot answer.
- Intuition for biases, errors, and problems in datasets.
- Eye for visual design; skilled at crafting clear data visualizations.
Tools you'll use:
- Git / GitHub
TrueMotion’s patented technology combines mobile technology with the power of machine learning and data science. Using the sensors already built into every smartphone, our apps can accurately identify drivers and score their overall driving habits. Drivers who use our apps learn how to reduce distracted driving and other risky behaviors that are now the leading causes of automobile accidents and driving related fatalities on our roads. Besides the free consumer apps marketed under our TrueMotion brand, we make money by providing custom enterprise versions to leading insurers, allowing them to reward safe drivers with discounts on their insurance premiums, while reducing the number of automobile accidents, and making the roads safer for everyone!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.