The Director of Product Management-Financial Applications owns the product experience that drives future product development priorities in the finance department. He/she is the gatekeeper across multiple cross-functional stakeholders and provide feature definition and prioritization. S/he is responsible for delivering, for his product area, extensible, flexible, usable software that meets the requirements of Finance and Ops stakeholders, UX, customers and other stakeholders. This individual will establish the product vision, engage with the customer base to identify and represent product users, set priorities for resources allocations, and help manage director of scrum teams.
This individual works with other teams to ensure a coherent, forward looking product features. This individual responds to trends in the marketplace that impact future vision and roadmaps for product portfolios, grooms actionable backlogs of user stories, and assists the Product Management leadership in driving overall growth and effectiveness across the entire product’s scope.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
80% - Feature Definition, Prioritization and Execution of Product Roadmap
- You will work closely with Service Line leaders, key customers, and client organization staff to understand their product vision.
- Responsible for leading teams to successfully understand and respond to trends in the marketplace that impact future vision and roadmaps for your product portfolio; groom actionable backlogs of user stories for the Engineering team; and assist Product Management leadership in driving overall growth and effectiveness across the entire product’s scope.
- Articulate the product vision, understand the business problems that we need to solve
- Define and be accountable for the product success metrics including automation rate, turnaround time for new products, etc.
- Act as primary voice of product decisions within the organization
- Accountable for the portfolio and product strategy through creation of product roadmaps
- Evaluate and execute on Build vs Buy decisions
- Partner with Program Management and interact with TechOps/DevOps team around requirements and roll out plans
- Monitor, anticipate, prioritize and resolve blockages, dependencies other issues
20%- Product Ownership, Project Management, and Team Guidance
- Manage ongoing backlog allocations and prioritization of customer jobs to solve across product portfolio, coaching direct reports to do the same for their area of ownership
- Act as an expert in market and competition for your services; Understand what's next and when to stay the course
- Remove blockers/obstacles to effective and efficient product delivery for teams
- Enforce product boundaries that aligns with product strategy
- Support resolution of product related prospect & client escalations
- Develop perspectives on comprehensive product design, inclusive of software, knowledge, and service
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA a strong plus
- 10 years of experience in product management
- Progress experience in developing software products/services in the Quote to Cash, CPQ, and/or Finance domain
- Understanding of product management best practices, including agile development environments; Agile certification a plus
- Experience working with Finance teams
- Expertise with multiple sub-systems based development
- Expertise in CPQ and Q2C systems like Zuora, SteelBrick, DigitalRoute would be a plus
- Expertise in ORM and DataBase required
- Would be good to have been a developer previously in the financial/billing field
- Strong presentation and communication skills