Threat Stack is purpose-built to support organizations running in the cloud and the unique requirements of a cloud-based or hybrid infrastructure. In order to protect your sensitive data, you need to know who is doing what, where, and when – at all times. With continuous monitoring and up-to-the-second alerting, you’ll always have the complete visibility you need to detect anomalous activity and know what occurred immediately.
Come join us in building the future of cloud security.
As the Engineering Manager, you’ll keep our teams on track, ensure that priorities are clear and consistent, and ensure that our people have everything they need to be successful. You’ll be partnering with Engineering leadership and Product Management to help us continue scaling our team and product. We believe in moving fast, continuous delivery, and delivering the highest quality to our customers – you’ll be a key figure to improve our processes and enable us to hit our goals.
Our tech stack and infrastructure is composed of node.js and Scala services, writing billions of data points into Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and postrgres datastores, all running on Amazon Web Services in a highly automated environment.
This role reports to VP, Engineering and is at our 55 Summer St. Boston, MA location.
What We Offer:
- We’ve built a lot, but our scale challenges keep coming and we’re continuously improving how we can better handle our growing scale. You’ll be working with a team building software that’s processing billions of events per day.
- A cohesive Engineering team where software and infrastructure engineers work side-by-side as we release new code, resolve bottlenecks, and improve our reliability and scalability (DevOps!)
- A team that is committed to continuous learning, improvement, and support
- Open doors, no bureaucracy, and the opportunity to make a tremendous impact quickly
What You’ll Do:
- Keep the Engineering team on track by removing barriers, rooting out wasted cycles, and ensuring clarity of requirements
- Provide guidance, coaching, and mentoring to Engineering team members to help them grow personally and professionally. Develop career plans and goals across the team and be personally invested in team member growth
- Continue to promote our continuous delivery methodology that lets our teams move quickly while investing in quality patterns, tools, and processes
- Plan and refine priorities with Product Management to ensure that our boards are up-to-date, backlogs are fully fleshed out, and bugs are clear
- Dive into our platform technology and build a deep understanding of our microservice-based architecture, how our platform interacts with its various layers and components, and the challenges of running at massive scale
- Be an advocate for the health of the team, ensuring that while we’re moving quickly, we’re doing it sanely and with respect for our team
What We’re Looking For:
- Team-focused leader who’s passionate about scaling high-performance Engineering teams with purpose and diversity
- Experience in high-growth companies gaining significant market traction
- Experience with SaaS platforms built on microservice-based architecture, operating at high transaction/data volumes with high availability, performance, and resiliency as key criteria
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, but a preference towards Kanban-style continuous delivery environments
- Ability to collaborate across multiple groups/departments to drive agreement and decisions
- Addiction to make those around you better
- Yup, JIRA