Thursday January 24, 2013
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ:CARB), is a leading provider of online backup solutions and cloud-based applications for consumers and business. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 200 billion files, restored more than 7 billion files and currently backs up more than 300 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com.
The Product Marketing Manager/ Segment Manager will report to the Director of Product Marketing, and will be responsible for developing and executing against go-to-market strategies to increase market share within our small office/ home office target audience. The ideal candidate will have a bias for action and thrive on getting things done while being able to keep the bigger picture in mind.
• Become a small business market expert by conducting market research and competitive analysis
• Identify new verticals to target and mechanisms to further optimize existing
• Create opportunity assessments and topline business cases to inform prioritization and assessment of new product and go-to-market efforts
• Drive the positioning & messaging strategy to best capture the target market/ vertical
• Develop go-to-market plans & then work cross-functionally to ensure streamlined execution and ongoing optimization
• Manage organizational communication to ensure transparency and alignment and motivate internal innovation
• 4-6 years of Product Marketing, Consulting, Market Research, Segment Marketing or related experience
• Data-driven, analytical, and fact-based approach to making business recommendations and decisions
• Ability to work effectively across functions (Marketing, Sales, Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Finance) and organization levels (executives, peers, individual contributors)
• Experience developing project plans and then managing cross-functional teams to execute..
• Experience marketing to resellers and via customer support channels a strong plus.
• Ecommerce/ experience working with software development a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must