Crimson Hexagon is the global leader in consumer insights from social media data. Powered by patented technology and an in-house data library of more than 1 trillion posts, Crimson Hexagon’s platform helps hundreds of brands and agencies answer critical business questions through the insights derived from social data. Clients include leading global organizations such as General Mills, Starbucks, Paramount Pictures, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Adidas and Twitter, and leading agencies such as TBWA, VML, BBDO, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy, Edelman and Digitas. We’re a high growth software company headquartered in Boston with offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and London.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Operations, the Sales Operations Manager's primary focus will be to improve sales productivity and effectiveness. You will be responsible for management, administration and implementation of various systems/processes that support Crimson Hexagon’s sales team. The role responsibilities may include, but are not be limited to, sales reporting, processes and metrics, KPI tracking, pipeline management, RFP response management, lead tracking and analysis, territory management, general sales planning and operational activities.
You will play a critical role in working with both the Marketing team and the Field Sales teams to create an operationally high functioning team. You will enable the sales leadership team to make data-driven decisions by providing timely reports and analyses such as: discount tracking, average selling price, etc.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter who can recognize and make recommendations for process improvement. Qualified candidates will have experience building and scaling Sales Operations in a high growth environment.
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency across the sales organization.
- Collaborates closely with IT and functions as a Corporate CRM administrator.
- Assists global sales team members with operational tasks, such as data analysis, policy execution, pipeline review, territory management, quoting and deal-structuring assistance, review of sales orders for accuracy and completeness.
- Identifies areas for improvement; prioritizes, designs and facilitates successful implementation and adoption of new processes.
- Supports the Business Operations team in cross-functional projects and strategic changes to systems and processes.
- Supports sales strategy and enablement initiatives around sales process and methodology focused on improving productivity, visibility, and accountability against goals.
- Collaborates with Business Operations, Information Technology and other business stakeholders to drive high levels of data integrity and operational reliability of our standardized business analytics, tools and processes.
- Monitors the accurate and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the Sales organization.
- Works closely with Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, and Sales leadership on projects, including incentive compensation analyses to develop Sales compensation plans.
- Creates and maintains all sales training materials and guides for new processes related to business applications.
- Completes other ad hoc assignments or reporting as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, Finance, Economics or other relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience supporting sales operations, in a high-tech/SaaS high-growth environment.
- Experience with CRM systems and related sales tools; Salesforce a must (Admin level skills), Marketo experience a plus.
- Experience creating and interpreting sales metrics and reports.
- Skilled in successfully implementing new technologies.
- Outstanding listening, analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and demonstrates sound decision-making skills. A problem-solver at heart.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy.
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality.
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure.
- Able to drive a project from conception to completion, not just execute on an existing plan.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated record of developing initiatives that impact productivity.