Do you love to tie business results to marketing dollars? Are you a problem-solver who is both incredibly creative yet also data driven and analytical? Do you get excited by A/B tests and conversion rate optimization? Do you love a healthy negotiation with an agency or vendor for the best placement/position?
If yes, we need your talent and drive to help WordStream acquire new leads and customers through online pay-per-click and pay-per-acquisition campaigns. In this exciting and challenging role you will be in charge of all external, online paid acquisition marketing, managing paid media strategy, execution, and optimization across channels. Your measure of success will be in hitting lead growth targets while maintaining a competitive cost per acquisition and minimum level of quality.
A little about the job:
- Plan and execute pay per click (PPC) campaign strategies including but not limited to account setup, organization and optimization within specific platforms including, but limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and AdWords
- Recommend budgets for programs and contribute to forecasting growth and performance. Operate autonomously within given budget constraints. Setting and updating budgets caps in networks and making sure accounts are pacing properly based on pre-determined spend.
- Conduct frequent reporting and evaluation across paid programs to evaluate overall effectiveness toward goals, identify areas of opportunity, and optimize based on results, including our cost per lead in various channels.
- Create (or manage the creation of) ad copy, landing pages, and creative assets.
- Vendor and/or Agency management
- Program coordination and communication with the Sales organization
- up to $100,000 monthly budget responsibility
- Consistently deliver on monthly targets for SQLs, Demos, Trials and Graders from assigned paid channels.
- Regularly communicate program plans, changes, and results to management; share outcomes and key takeaways with colleagues.
A little about the key performance indicators used:
- Lead Volume. We currently generate thousands of leads and inquiries per month and we have aggressive growth goals.
- Lead Quality. Our ultimate success is measures by our sales team’s ability to close the leads we generate and we constantly strive to improve our target marketing efforts to generate the most qualified leads possible.
- Cost per Lead. Our goal is to acquire leads at a reasonable cost such that the acquisition of leads can be scaled in a significant way.
A little about you:
- At least 3-5 years of experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter and Salesforce. Marketo or another marketing automation platform strongly preferred. Network certifications.
- Demonstrable experience owning the collection and reporting campaign level and business level metrics
- Demonstrable experience identifying trends in performance data, forecasting and/or planning based on data analysis, ad network knowledge, and industry best practices.
- Comprehensive experience and success with processes, systems and procedures associated with pay per click and display advertising.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other related field
- Proficient in standard Microsoft programs (Adobe design program and HTML a plus).
- Experience with Marketo or similar automated marketing campaign programs and Salesforce.com required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work as a member of the team, while exhibiting leadership behavior.
A little about WordStream and our market space:
WordStream develops search marketing software, provides managed PPC advertising services, and shares online marketing advice through our blog. Founded in 2007, we’ve evolved from being a keyword software tool developer to a destination for paid search marketing expertise. Our cloud-based software is always evolving to meet the changing needs of our customers, and the results speak for themselves: more traffic, higher-quality leads, and greater profits, every day.
- In a few short years WordStream has become an industry leader, serving thousands of clients worldwide – and we are just getting started!
- Our award-winning software helps clients experience a phenomenal 65% increase sales and 9% drop in costs associated with those sales.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Search Marketing/ Online Advertising is a $70 Billion+ industry and growing.
- Over 3 million businesses use Google PPC platform to advertise every day - and most of them need our help!
WordStream is a venture-backed, technology-driven SaaS company. We offer a high energy, innovative work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our new offices in the Prudential Mall are sleek and modern and offer collaborative space, standing desks, and all of the coffee you could ever drink. We are building a world class product and team, and we reward our team members with a great work environment, competitive pay, great benefits and path to career advancement.