BitSight is looking for experienced software engineers to build and maintain our backend web services. We value strong generalists: people with the computer science fundamentals to use a variety of technologies & languages and pick up new ones when needed. As an engineer here, your mission is deliver robust, performant, high quality code in a continuous delivery environment. You’ll work on a small, cross-functional Agile team to design & ship features and evolve our infrastructure. You’ll do this in development & production environments writing code in Java, Scala & Python, and using technologies such as Jetty/Jersey, Flask, Scalatra, Docker, Hadoop/HBase, and Spark, all running in the cloud and delivered as a SaaS application.
Backing our web services, our core data processing engine exemplifies Big Data. It already processes tens of billions of records daily; we are revamping it to be more scalable, in execution time, data volume and resource usage. We are improving our operational infrastructure & processes to support a rapidly increasing, global customer base and expanding data volume. And we continue to introduce new features, enhancements and even entirely new products, by finding innovative, new insights in the rich sea of data we ingest.
We have lots of fundamental decisions ahead of us on what to build, how to build it, test it and support it. We are looking for engineers that embrace the challenge of tackling large problems and want to construct the foundation that the engineering team will use for the next 3-5 years.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Deep knowledge of at least one modern language. Your ability to pick up new concepts and ideas rapidly is more important to us than mastery of a specific language.
- Track record of consistently shipping products to customers
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively in a dynamic environment
Nice to have
- Microservice architectures, REST APIs and related technologies
- Software development & continuous delivery in a SaaS environment
- Public cloud platforms such as AWS
- Technical project leadership
- Cybersecurity or information security