Crimson Hexagon is the global leader in consumer insights from social media data. Powered by patented technology and an in-house data library of more than 1 trillion posts, Crimson Hexagon’s platform helps hundreds of brands and agencies answer critical business questions through the insights derived from social data. Clients include leading global organizations such as General Mills, Starbucks, Paramount Pictures, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Adidas and Twitter, and leading agencies such as TBWA, VML, BBDO, Saatchi & Saatchi, Ogilvy, Edelman and Digitas. We’re a high growth software company headquartered in Boston with offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco and London.
We’re seeking a Senior Visual Designer to help imagine, visualize, and refine the experiences that define our industry leading consumer insights software. As a UX team member, you’ll work with Product and Engineering teams to bring elegance and ease-of-use to the product experience.
You will help lead and elevate our visual language across our platform. You will have an opportunity to utilize and expand your UX toolkit from research, IA, content, interaction design, to rapid prototyping.
You are a creative big picture thinker with the ability to translate ideas into executable chunks. You are an analytical and visual thinker and passionate about translating user needs and design concepts to elegant visuals and interactions that make products easy and delightful to use. You are also eager to utilize and master other areas across the UX spectrum.
You aspire to create “don’t make me think” interaction models and have a passion for telling stories through creative data visualization. You are able to juggle competing priorities and enjoy mentoring other designers.
- Design delightful product experiences in collaboration with other UX’ers, Engineering, Product, and Research; working on multiple products or features concurrently
- Demonstrates expertise in establishing and applying visual and interaction design guidelines consistently across several products
- Improve and maintain the Crimson Hexagon style guide and interaction pattern library
- Create clean and intuitive user interfaces (data visualization dashboards, configuration UIs, manage workflows) and iterate from concepts to final pixel perfect production ready mockups
- Use a variety of methods to communicate design decisions including sketches, personas, wireframes, storyboards, visual design mockups, and low to high fidelity prototypes
- Assist in conducting user research to inform your designs, including usability testing, A/B testing, customer interviews, and surveys
- Degree in a Design, human factors, UX or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 4+ years of hands-on experience as a lead Visual Designer in a software, product organization designing for mobile, desktop, web or native
- Employs data visualization techniques to help users explore and understand complex data sets
- Possesses excellent strategic, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills. Mobile first thinker. A problem-solver at heart
- Has experience defining reusable web UI components, best practices and standards for adaptive and responsive designs across multiple platforms and devices
- Expert in using Sketch. Demonstrates proficiency with other design tools including Adobe Creative Suite and rapid prototyping tools such as Proto.IO, Invision, Axure, Principle or similar
- Able to iterate quickly with minimal requirements that may not be well defined, and to pitch back ideas at the conceptual design level to peers and stakeholders
- Possesses online portfolio demonstrating advanced design skills, creativity, data visualization, and a mix of low-fidelity and high-fidelity visual design deliverables
- Has experience with data visualization authoring tools such as D3, Tableau, HighCharts, or similar, is preferred