Our mission is to advance product innovation with metal 3D printing. Current metal 3D printers are out of reach for most engineers and designers. They are industrial, cost-prohibitive, and can be dangerous. We are making an affordable, office-friendly system so that every design and engineering team has the ability to 3D print with metal.
Desktop Metal is located 30min outside of Boston. We've raised $100 million from investors that include Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE, and have put together a talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and start-up veterans. Join us as we change the way products are designed and produced with metal.
The marketing team at Desktop Metal is responsible for product, communications, design, and content. We're building our brand across the entire customer experience—from product launches, to sales enablement, to loyalty. We are constantly exploring new ways to bring our brand to life and to enhance our customer’s journey.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a motivated Sr Product Manager who is passionate about new manufacturing technology and excels at bridging the technical and business worlds to deliver innovative products to our customers. You will lead cross functional teams to define and deliver industry leading metal 3D printing products that meet the needs of our customers and our business.
- Work with key stakeholders to assess customer needs and own the entire product roadmap for the company to ensure a sustained competitive advantage in the market
- Develop case studies, user personas and general marketing requirements and translate them into actionable product requirements for the development team that provide clear direction and highlight key features needed to achieve commercial success
- Partner with the marketing and business development teams to set positioning, messaging, segmentation, pricing and go-to-market strategy for each product launch throughout the portfolio
- Create process, documentation, and project management tools for all products to ensure coordination at all levels of the organization and provide a foundation for all derivative training, support, marketing and sales collateral development
- Engage with customers, partners and industry experts to understand key industry trends and gather constant feedback to inform all product strategy and development decision making
- 4-8 years of hardware product management experience, ideally with venture-backed startups
- BS in technical field required, MechE/MBA preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset as a self-starting, high energy individual with ability to develop and execute complex plans to reach the product’s and company’s objectives
- Proven track record of managing multiple parallel workstreams and seamlessly moving between deeply technical product requirements and high level business strategy
- Excellent project management skills to keep cross-functional teams aligned and provide robust documentation throughout the product lifecycle
- Detail oriented while also able to summarize and consolidate data into meaningful recommendations and actionable next steps
- Experience in 3D printing or advanced manufacturing preferred