Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have great technical skill, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
Have you led technical teams, mentored and learned from them? Impressed clients with your ability to simplify and solve complex technical problems? Built systems that scale to millions of users? If so, and if you’re looking for a chance to grow and work with some of the most well-known media brands in the world, we’d love to talk.
We're currently looking for a Technical Lead with 6+ years of software development experience and 2+ years of technical team leadership experience to join our Boston-based Delivery team. The perfect candidate for this role will have strong hands-on coding skill; have organized and led distributed teams while building best practices (unit testing, code reviews, security and performance audits); and, most importantly, will have delighted clients with their teams’ work.
What we offer is the chance to work with a small, passionate team inside Brightcove to build some amazing video platforms, a competitive salary and equity package, benefits, unlimited vacation and a great office.
- Consulting. Technical Leads are part of the senior team that manage the client and are called upon to facilitate user requirements sessions, design technical specifications, and manage development of documentation to meet client expectations. In conjunction with a Project Manager, Technical Leads are expected to provide both technical and solution expertise for clients and client engagements.
- Solution Development. Technical Leads design solutions for various client needs. TLs support the analysis of client processes and recommend new business models, workflows, or solutions to best meet client needs.
- Technical Leadership. Technical Leads manage all technical aspects of the project and also contribute directly by writing code, managing builds and performing other hands-on tasks. TLs have the ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Team Management. Technical Leads manage small teams to successfully deliver agreed-upon solutions of the highest quality, exceeding customer expectations. They mentor and guide less experienced consultants. They are expected to be role models for best practices and to provide technical knowledge sharing.
Skills And Qualifications
- 6+ years experience as a technical developer or related work experience; 2+ years in technical leadership roles; experience in a project-based consulting environment
- Expertise architecting and designing software solutions for various problem types
- Extensive knowledge in the areas of custom software development: OO Design Patterns; microservices, middleware, etc.
- Strong proficiency with at least one server-side language (Node.js and/or Python preferred)
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills
- Understanding data security compliance and security best practices
- Experience in profiling, debugging and troubleshooting systems
- Solid understanding of databases and data modeling/design techniques; data interface protocols; database deployment and scalability; database tuning
- Extensive experience with designing systems for scale and reuse, source code management strategies, and release management
- Stellar verbal and written communications skills; just as stellar presentation and facilitation skills
- Willingness to travel to client locations and collaborate with distributed delivery teams as needed
- Solid knowledge of system administration and software and hardware configuration and production system deployments; ability to make informed recommendations to customer IT staff; ability to troubleshoot pre- and post-production implementations; security; load balancing and performance
- AWS experience strongly preferred
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform