This role is instrumental in defining and implementing a roadmap for analytical tools and products used by the Account Management team and our key partners. Responsibilities include the identification of business needs, creation of concepts, and product/project management of innovative ideas. This individual will need to develop thorough business and technical requirements, working alongside product and engineering to design, develop, and bring concepts to market. This individual will also be responsible for analyzing/optimizing performance, evaluating results, and ensuring appropriate enhancements.
This position based in Needham, MA and will report to the Director of Product for Commerce. The candidate will be passionate about supporting a global sales team and can drive concepts and craft a product vision. The role requires working in closely with other TripAdvisor teams including Commerce Engineering, UI Design, Analytics, Operations and Optimization.
What you’ll do
- Define, design, implement, test and support complex products that directly impact revenue
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, serving as a day-to-day product manager, writing detailed product specifications, establishing milestones, and managing the development of complex products
- Balance multiple objectives, projects, stakeholders, and goals simultaneously and “on the fly”
- Create and share your vision for the “big picture” when developing products and plans for new initiatives
- Develop written requirements and assist in creating/validating mockups, managing their iteration through the design and testing process.
- Design tools and methods to assess product performance and identify key levers for improvement - including hands-on analysis and design
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problem
- Assist in managing prioritization of new product enhancements and bug/fixes
- Monitor key metrics and support analytics teams for continual optimization of the product and business plan
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience in product management or related role at a leading internet company or advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, experienced business judgment (MBA preferred)
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Great interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be communicating daily with key TripAdvisor members as well as key partners
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team under pressure and with a variety of moving parts
- Strong passion for and curiosity about new and innovative digital solutions
- Extensive knowledge of online media, marketing, and advertising
- Ability to understand customer business needs and communicate effectively with external as well as internal stakeholders
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Demonstrate the professionalism to be an ambassador for the CPC team within the greater TripAdvisor family
- Ability to collaborate with others, build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing, and organized manner
- Identifies and analyzes problems; grasps the essence and impact of new information; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Good business judgment and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Ability to take direction, effectively and independently manage projects, and motivate others
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Strong analytical skills including experience with large data sets, strong Excel skills; SQL and statistics knowledge a plus