Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead the continuous delivery of Acquia’s industry-leading Cloud and SaaS products using Agile processes. You will report to the Director, Technical Program Management, manage product requirements with internal stakeholders, and drive projects through the entire project lifecycle. You will also have responsibility and authority for managing milestones, schedules and processes required to track and deliver the products, and communicating and mitigating risks in the context of time-to-market requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong program leader to manage a motivated cross-functional team, make data-driven decisions, and be a significant contributor to Acquia’s success. Your passion for creating reliable and repeatable systems, critical thinking, in-depth technical and business acumen, exceptional project management, communication and interpersonal skills will motivate our teams and establish trust across cross-functional and cross-organizational stakeholders.
- Drive the entire product lifecycle: Work closely with product managers, product owners, software engineering managers, design leads, software engineers, QA, SREs, operations managers, support and other critical stakeholders to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time) as agilely as possible.
- Manage project schedules: Clarify and drive project commitments and priorities, establish and maintain clear chains of accountability, and clearly communicate to project stakeholders
- Address bottlenecks: Provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Understand release interdependencies: Drive towards solutions for delivering complex, multi-tiered cloud systems
- Take responsibility: Own release schedules and milestones, keeping up the high momentum of our fast-paced environment
- Partner with multiple teams: Reconcile the priorities of multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the timely delivery of products, and establish trust across all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience delivering software releases
- Excellent written and verbal skills; maturity, judgement, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile processes and the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience overseeing and creating processes
- Familiarity with or desire to learn about Cloud technologies, distributed systems, and the latest trends in networking, storage, and data centers
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, and promote empathetic, collaborative relationships a must
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.