Audley Travel is now eagerly searching for ambitious Regional Sales Manager to join either, our Europe, Africa or Japan Team in Boston. As a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) you will focus on the recruitment, training, management and motivation of your team ensuring Country Specialists are fully able to maximise sales from the initial sales enquiries that arrive in the team, and to actively seek to generate new leads where incoming leads are insufficient. It is essential you have experience managing a small team within the travel industry, along with a proven and consistent track record of excellent sales and customer service.
- Lead the sales team within your region with drive, energy, and urgency to ensure maximum sales are extracted from the available leads.
- Effectively manage the performance of individuals with the team ranging from new starters to high performers.
- Provide sales training and constant support to Country Specialists within your region and ensure their product knowledge is continually up to date.
- Take responsibility for responding to operational and emergency situations in your region, including issues caused by suppliers, airlines, or unexpected events to ensure best results for clients.
- Experience managing a sales team within the travel industry is highly desired.
- A proven track record of consistent sales and high customer service feedback.
- An ability to inspire, motivate, engage, and develop a sales team.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage a high workload.
- A clear and confident communicator who is resilient to pressure.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Positive and results-driven.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Passionate about travel and has product knowledge an travel experience in any of the areas.
This is a really unique Management opportunity for many reasons, but here are 2! The first is the team; how many teams have you managed in the past where you knew everyone was 100% passionate about the product they were selling? Here, the main reason a specialist is in that seat is because they are passionate about travel. There are not many places you can work where you have at least 1 passion in common with everyone who works here. The second is we are a meritocratic business which means that we promote based off your ability to do the job at hand. We have a huge track record of our employees currently in Senior Management roles that started with us as entry level employees. So you are 100% in the driver’s seat when it comes to your success!
And who doesn’t love talking about travel? For you this is an opportunity to do it as a career! In addition to that we offer a solid basic salary with a generous bonus structure and excellent benefits package where we cover 100% of the cost of Medical, dental and vision! The real benefit is the culture though, especially the people. You won’t find someone staring down at their cell phone to avoid saying hi in passing here! We really do have a great culture and have multiple things we do as an office including weekly company sponsored fitness classes during lunch hour (Spin, Yoga, Circuit, Boxing), office soccer games in the North End, bi monthly Restaurant Club, Tennis club, Beer Garden club, Wine and Cheese club and the list goes on. Audley strives to create an environment where people love coming to work every day!
One of the biggest perks would also have to be our familiarization trip. If successful you will spend your first few weeks on the job traveling around the region you will be managing specialists to sell, staying at all the hotels, doing all the excursions and eating at all the different restaurants so you can experience what it’s like to be an “Audley Traveler” first hand!