If you don't look forward to going to work each day, then what's the point? Take a walk around our offices and you’ll see a serious group of professionals who don’t take themselves too seriously. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross functional meeting or at one of our impromptu parties.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact. And a commitment to having fun. Join one of the Boston Globe’s 2016 Best Places to Work!
We are seeking a Vice President of Software Quality Assurance and Documentation to join our Lexington team!
The Vice President, Software Quality Assurance and Documentation, is a member of the senior engineering leadership team. This position is responsible for leading our team of software test engineers to ensure that the products Imprivata delivers to its customers are of the highest quality and leading our documentation team to create effective user documentation. This role works closely with development, release managers, scrum masters and architects to ensure that the products we ship meet the quality and security levels we expect. The position will also work with our Product Manager leadership to ensure that our applications meet our customer’s needs.
You will be responsible for testing the company's existing software as well as making recommendations on how to improve it. The successful candidate will have experience leading teams from traditional/manual testing to automation to reduce delivery time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Imprivata’s geographically distributed SQA team
- Ensure adherence to high quality and security standards
- Refine our automation strategy and work with existing teams to heavily redirect our existing and future testing to automated methods
- Coordinate and standardize across delivery teams
- Define and manage the testing processes (e.g. defect management, traceability). Drive changes and/or improvements to the process as needed
- Work closely with our Delivery Managers to ensure that program schedules are complete and committed to by the team
- Work closely with our Scrum Masters to ensure that all testing activities occur in a timely fashion and to the level of quality demanded by the business requirements
- Management oversight for test plans, test data, test environments and test execution
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key and required skills
- Manage security testing of Imprivata’s products
- Manage user documentation and technical documentation team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another technical discipline
- 7+ years of experience in leading software quality assurance teams with onshore and offshore team members
- In depth knowledge of all QA test methods, tools and techniques. Our strategy relies heavily on migrating to automation, so working experience in an automated testing environment is a must
- In depth knowledge of the product development lifecycle
- Experience leading security testing for software products
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Scrum, including geographically distributed teams work together on the same program deliverables
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.