What do these three things have in common: ESPN, the Olympics, and ABC News? Rob was an on-air contributor for all three. As you’ll learn from our interview, he has a very unique background in the media industry. Not only was he on-air, but he also worked in business development and in the investment arm of media companies as well, which is very rare in terms of working on both sides of the equation.
This well rounded experience has now set him up to start his own company and entrepreneurial pursuit with Persona, a video Q&A marketplace where you can get personalized video answers or shout-outs from influencers and experts. Think of it like a business version of Cameo matched up with Quora.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- Advice on storytelling and why it matters for entrepreneurs.
- Rob’s background growing up and his passion for the media industry and how practicing law helped him get started.
- What it was like being an on-air personality, plus the details on his roles on the business side of the media industry.
- What led him down the path of starting Persona and why now is the ideal time for this startup.
- Advice for diverse founders on raising capital.
- And so much more.