The business of doing good. It is an area where companies can build a profitable organization while doing something that is socially responsible. Companies like TOMS and Patagonia are great examples.
For JC, she had a successful career, but it lacked fullfilment and she finally hit a breaking point where it was time for a change.
From taking the entrepreneurial leap and building a responsibly farmed fish CPG company that reached distribution in over 4,000 stores and landing Leonardo DiCaprio as an investor, to what she is doing now as CEO of SmarterX, her career has aligned with her beliefs and values, all while working to create a more sustainable world.
SmarterX is in the business of using data for good through its Product Intelligence Platform™ which is leveraged by retailers and brands to gain product insights and identify how to best handle consumer products across the supply chain, to remain compliant, avoid fines, and reduce their environmental impact. The company has been recognized by Fast Company on two impressive lists that being World Changing Ideas and Most Innovative Companies.
In this episode of our podcast, we cover:
- A deep conversation on the importance of finding personal fulfillment in one’s career.
- JC’s background story in terms of growing up in rural Pennsylvania and the foundational years of her career.
- The full story of Love The Wild, from scaling up to ultimately making the hard decision to exit the business.
- All the details about SmarterX in terms of how its platform and business model works, plus its impact on the planet.
- The positive use of AI in the cleantech and sustainability industry.
- And so much more.
I don’t know if you heard but the team at VentureFizz has launched a new website called Just Product Management Jobs. We are combining laser focused job postings for Product Managers with high-value blog content that is written by expert contributors covering topics around career advice and the latest trends + best practices in the PM industry. If you are a PM looking for a new opportunity or if you are hiring Product Managers, go to justproductmanagementjobs.com.