Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
As an Account Manager, you play a central role on the Account Management team, as you are responsible for renewing accounts and helping drive revenue growth across your portfolio. Your primary responsibilities include retaining business, sourcing, and closing upsell opportunities and developing relationships with district leaders in districts with up to 5,000 students in an assigned territory. You will work closely with client buyers and decision-makers including superintendents of school districts and leaders of charter management organizations to ensure that Panoramas value is being articulated, ultimately leading to successful retention and growth across your accounts.
- Contribute to Panoramas excellent renewal rate by owning renewals across a portfolio of up to 150 partner districts (including renewals tied to school board approvals and disparate funding sources). This entails understanding budget cycles and contract options preferred by our clients, including the structure of license fees and timing of renewals.
- Increase footprint and business with existing clients, discovering and maturing opportunities to grow Panoramas business.
- Develop account plans for key accounts and monitor overall account health across your portfolio, intervening and creating/implementing strategies when an account displays signs of risk.
- Collaborate closely with project leads to provide outstanding relationship management and function as a thought partner to our clients.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 2+ years of experience in renewal-oriented account management with a large portfolio (100+ accounts); demonstrated track record of renewing accounts, negotiating contracts, upselling accounts, exceeding goals, and building client relationships.
- Proven ability at leading strategy for client health interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize accounts with competing priorities, such as client requests, upcoming renewals, and project deadlines and balance internal work streams alongside client needs
- Experience creatively mitigating client objections to renewal and reinforcing value add by listening to client needs and providing solutions.
- Ability to develop relationships with district leadership (Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, eg).
- Ability to work cross-functionally with project management and sales teams to retain business and drive expansion.
- Strong interest in supporting technology for K-12 education with a commitment to using data to improve student outcomes, particularly addressing issues of equity and access
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.