Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager, Corporate who will be a key member in building out the domestic and global accounting operations as the Company expands its footprint across the United States, EMEA, Canada and APAC. An ideal candidate in this role will have a experience in technical and operational accounting at a hyper-growth startup/public SaaS company, and a wide-range of knowledge in other accounting and business functions such as revenue, order to cash, tax/compliance, HR/payroll/stock administration, legal, etc.
- Oversee the domestic and international general ledger accounting team responsible for accurate and timely completion of month/quarter/year-end close with clearly defined responsibilities, processes, documentation and controls.
- Be part of the team that owns the record to report process. Prepare and present the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement of domestic and international entities as well as the consolidated financial statements along with a set of flux and metrics analysis reports to the broader teams.
- Actively engage in, and be familiar with, other accounting operations to ascertain that the team produces reliable and compliant financial reporting: Revenue, O2C, technical/SEC accounting, tax, payroll/stock administration, etc.
- Partner with cross functional leadership within and outside of Finance to keep abreast of the business objectives, priorities and strategies to enable collaborative and supportive relationships as well as provide value added services to each other.
- Participate in designing and implementing internal controls and documentation in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Manage PCAOB financial audits as well as corporate tax returns and other statutory/compliance filings for the domestic and international entities.
- Lead, coach, mentor and train the team; take an active interest in their career and development; find ways to continue their growth and development.
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. compliance filings, entity set up, system implementation, etc.).
ABOUT YOU (Qualifications)
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent with a solid knowledge of GAAP, general ledger structure, and financial statements.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS with 3+ years of hands on experience in people manager roles. 3 + years in public accounting with CPA license highly desired. Public company experience a plus.
- Proficiency in consolidated financial statements with intercompany transactions required.
- Proficiency using NetSuite with multi-entity and currencies required.
- System administrator experience in Expensify, TripActions, Bill.com and/or other P2P/AP software a plus.
- Experience using FloQast a plus.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Analytical, skeptical and curious; able to identify and report relevant risks and issues to management for a timely and appropriate resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Proactively prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and demands.
- Versatile, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Concise and effective communicator with teammates and various levels of leadership as well as external contacts.
- Resilient and reliable with strong work ethic.
- Mature and professional to handle confidential data.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.