Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Wayfairs community of Data Scientists are obsessed with using data and technology to ensure our customers can build a home that they love. Our platforms support millions of people searching every day for the perfect item, and provide a unique purchase and delivery experience. In 2021, Wayfair became #217 on the Fortune 500 list of largest US companies, up 131 spots since 2020. Come help us innovate and grow to our next $10B in revenue! We are looking for an experienced technical analyst interested in partnering with data scientists, product managers, and marketers to drive our business forward.
In this role youll join the Data Science-Measurement team, which is dedicated to developing advanced experimentation methods (see examples here), setting experimentation guidelines for the company, and creating tooling to scale experimentation at large. Youll partner with Analytics teams across Wayfair to evangelize experimentation best practices. Together with our Engineering partners, youll build experimentation tooling that scales advanced experimentation methods.
Whats Special about this Role:
- This role is best suited for someone with strong analytics track record looking to leverage their technical superpowers to continue their career in Product Management
- As a Technical Product Manager embedded into a Data Science team, youll get exposure to machine learning products and work closely with Data Scientists
- We value driving results and not answering emails after dinner. If you like getting things done efficiently by prioritizing a short list of high impact initiatives, lets chat!
What You'll Do
- Evangelize experimentation best practices across Wayfair by conducting experimentation training/workshops for Analysts
- Provide consultation for Analysts on advanced testing methodologies (we prefer a strong Experimentation or Statistics background coming in, and well teach you Wayfair specific methodologies on the job).
- As a budding Technical Product Manager, you will make experimentation and technical concepts approachable to non-technical audiences, as well as evaluate technical work streams based on their business value
- Drive product discovery by understanding gaps in experimentation tooling and creating roadmaps that unlock business value
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience as a technical product manager with background in a technical/quantitative field with strong Statistical underpinnings
- Work experience launching and interpreting experimentation results. Familiarity with sampling approaches, causal modeling, and common testing guardrails (i.e., checking for pre-test bias, conducting a power analysis for minimal detectable lift, etc)
- Strong communication skills and experience coaching/training others
- Good understanding of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Fluency in languages for data manipulation (SQL) is required
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
- Bonus points for curiosity and an always learning/always growing mentality
Nice to Have
- Previous work experience with Data Scientists and/or Engineers
- Experience with Python is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.