Founded in 2015, Bowery Farming is on a mission to democratize access to high-quality, local, safe and sustainable produce. Bowery builds smart indoor farms near cities, growing fresher, pesticide-free Protected Produce with bold flavor in precisely controlled environments, 365 days a year. At the heart of each farm is the proprietary BoweryOS, which integrates software, hardware, sensors, AI, computer vision systems, machine learning models and robotics to orchestrate and automate the entirety of its operations. As a result, each farm creates far less waste and uses a fraction of the water and land compared to traditional agriculture.
About The Role:
This is an opportunity to join a small, growing team and make a substantial impact at Bowery. Were looking for someone that can learn, adapt and roll with a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and who isnt afraid of uncertainty.
This role at Bowery means building data pipelines, modeling our increasingly broad data warehouse, and architecting infrastructure which will scale with our quickly growing farms. The data function at Bowery is central to the vision of the company as well as its day-to-day operation.
Youll be part of the Data & AI team which is responsible for everything from collecting data, to reporting facts, investigative analysis, building machine learning, and computer vision models.
What You'll Do:
- Youll build integrations between our data warehouse and data-sources such as enterprise SaaS and industrial machines to give the data team full visibility and ownership of the source of truth.
- Youll transform the raw data produced by the farm into a comprehensive data warehouse as the authoritative source for all facts about the business.
- You'll partner with our Data Scientists to model and transform the data in our data warehouse with an engineers eye towards scalability and maintainability.
- Youll create internal frameworks, tools, packages, and technical documentation to improve efficiencies within Bowery.
- Youll build data products that support and can be utilized by multiple cross functional teams within Bowery including Agricultural Scientists, Roboticists, and Operations Leaders.
- Youll collaborate on the design of data tools and products used by our modern farmers, agricultural scientists, and other cross-functional teams to drive positive change.
- You'll collaborate with our Software and Machine Learning engineers to continue to use the best available technology and patterns to keep the Data Platform evolving and effective.
- You'll contribute to Bowerys data-driven culture, and influence best practices.
- You wont find yourself working with the Facebook Ads API, managing a Spark cluster, or allocating disk space in your HDFS.
Who You Are:
- You have experience writing and maintaining production quality code.
- You are knowledgeable and opinionated about warehouse data modeling and know how to keep this critical foundation healthy while it grows.
- You are fluent in SQL and Python, and likely enthusiastic about the leverage created by dbt and Snowflake.
- You are comfortable working in a highly technical team and educating others on contributing through version control, peer-reviewing code, and managing processes in production.
- You've got a natural attention to detail and drive for order that yields accuracy and reliability in the data you work with.
- You have experience in and a passion for democratizing data to support clear stories and decision-making.
- You're confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential.
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core.
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators.
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant.
- We are excited to hear from you!
Based in New York City, Bowery is the largest vertical farming company in the United States, serving major e-commerce platforms and more than 850 grocery stores in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, including Albertsons Companies (Safeway and Acme), Amazon Fresh, Giant Food, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers, with produce that's harvested year-round at peak freshness, delivered within days of harvest. Bowery has raised $472 million from leading investors, including Fidelity Management & Research Company LLC, Temasek, GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, and individuals including Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andrs and David Barber of Blue Hill. For more information on Bowery and its products, please visit www.BoweryFarming.comPress kit: https://boweryfarming.com/press/