A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit about this role:
In our mission to take care of every member like they were our own mom or dad, we believe that data is a super power to deliver great service and clinical care. You will be the analytics engineer who drives our analytic layer and makes it usable for our complex downstream data systems to consume. As a member of the data engineering team, you will work closely with many teams within the company (data science, product management, software engineering) to determine how best to prepare our data in a scalable, flexible way for complex analysis to take place. In addition to building complex data models, this position will also enforce data integrity, implement quality checks and ensure cross-team data governance across the product and technology team.
Whether you have a health care background or not, we are excited to learn from and share knowledge with you. Our leadership team includes seasoned alumni of healthcare and technology organizations spanning the public and private sector. Our co-founders deeply understand and care about good technology: Todd Park co-founded Athenahealth, a multi-billion-dollar healthcare technology company, and served as CTO of the U.S.; Ed Park was athenahealth's founding engineer and served as its CTO, COO, and President of Services.
We want a strong analytics engineer who can lead the charge to get the company up and running on our new BI tool, Looker. We are looking for folks who are interested in working with an exciting data infrastructure stack, which currently includes Snowflake, Airflow on Kubernetes, dbt, AWS, Jupyterhub, Amundsen, Looker, etc. We are eager to find folks who are passionate about building great technology to solve problems for usersour members, our colleagues, and ourselves.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading the large migration from a data visualization tool to a BI tool (Looker) within a highly data-driven company (900+ users for reporting/BI)
- Driving the design to enhance our analytics layer to allow for self-service data capabilities to a large set of data-savvy users
- Spearheading the implementation of data governance procedures for use in analytics
- Coaching analysts and data scientists on analytics engineering best practices
- Working closely with the Data Engineering team to ensure proper tooling is in place to account for reliable data within our BI tool
- Working with Product, Marketing, and Data Science teams to build out necessary data warehousing infrastructure in Snowflake
- Bringing an analytical mindset to every conversation across the company
Attributes to success:
- Experience coupled with a willingness to learn new things
- Comfort with uncertainty and a desire to be close to business problems
- Desire to contribute individually, with the ability both to self-direct work and to collaborate with others on the technology team
- Understanding of many technologies and a desire to add more to the list
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 5+ years working as an individual technical contributor
- 5+ years' experience with databases and data modeling
- 3+ years' experience with development in a BI Tool (preferably Looker)
- Experience with a data transformation tool (preferably dbt)
- Prior background with AWS services (e.g. lambda, S3, Redshift)
- Experience with other Cloud Data Warehouses (Big Query, Snowflake)
- Experience with Python
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.