Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
The Brokerage Operations Control Team Associate will be a crucial addition to our Operations team and will be part of a growing team. If you have drive and desire to be part of a brand new dynamic team that works alongside a great operations team then Stash is looking for you!
The operations control team you will join will be a new team were looking to scale that will support our Operations business at Stash. You will be responsible for working with the Operations team as well as working with other areas such as legal, compliance, risk, fraud, engineering, marketing etc, all through implementing change around processing mapping, quality assurance, controls and risk management.
What youll do:
- Help define / plan / execute and own control processes.
- Formulate and introduce key risk indicators set by risk owners and yourself.
- Contribute to the effective identification and assessment and root cause analysis of material operational risk events or incidents. .
- Engage with risk stewards to contribute a standard risk and control library for business functions.
- Track and advise on completion of managed responsibilities and ensure timely accurate recording
- Continuously promote ops risk awareness.
- Provide and advise on operational controls / gaps and to risk owners, senior leadership, and other key stakeholders.
- Process mapping and control gap analysis vs. firm specific ratings.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational processes through automation.
- Manage projects that include control needs assessments in order to build out and scale operational processes and technology platforms to support these needs.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Stash brand.
What were looking for:
- Highly organized, driven individual that is capable and flexible on working with multiple tasks at once and also that can work to defined dates when required.
- Someone who is able to keep an open healthy dialogue with their peers and management and other team members.
- Minimum bachelor's degree with 1-3 years of brokerage operations experience or a technology team which has supported a brokerage operations team.
- High level knowledge of Equities trade life cycle and back office processing is a plus.
- Has done business analyst or project work in any of these areas in the past is a plus. (PMP is not required)
- Technology-driven with a focus on the application of operational procedures and automation.
- Understanding of process and system flows and how they can talk and integrate to each other.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Able to create flow diagrams through products such as Visio or Lucid Charts.
- Basic SQL skills a plus
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.