Who We Are: The B2B Promotional & Onsite Merchandising team aims to strengthen the Wayfair Professional brand, and the brands bottom line, by creating and delivering vertical relevant promotions and content to engage customers, encourage purchase, and get them coming back to site again and again. We accomplish this by defining and executing strategies tailored to our unique pro customers such as (1) creating limited-time sale experiences (including monthly clearances, industry holidays like Labor Day, and defining brand moments like Way Day), (2) developing our portfolio of everyday sale and non-sale content used across our marketing channels, and (3) highlighting value throughout the onsite experience. Altogether, we create experiences that surprise and delight our customers, and give them the power to create spaces just right for their business.
What Youll Do: Reporting into the GM of Promotional Experiences, you will have the incredible opportunity to lead our North America B2B Promotions and Onsite Merchandising team. This is a highly influential, strategic role where you will manage the holistic plan for Wayfair Professionals sale and non-sale curated experiences and ultimately deliver a fun, personalized and seamless shopping experience for our unique Pro customers. You will partner with teams across the business to build the strategy and drive action against our priorities that deliver wow value to our Pros through unique curations (e.g. aesthetics based Design Trends), pricing (e.g. Pro-Exclusive Pricing), and storefront features (e.g.. Wayfair's Choice flags for the Pro) and formats (e.g. COVID Essentials)
- Lead the B2B Promotional & Onsite Merchandising team and be a key lead within our Promotional Experiences team that defines and executes our Global vision. As an effective leader, you will:
- Push forward our promotional innovation pipeline, including but not limited to the following:
- Develop a point of view of what Wayfairs sale and non-sale promotional experiences should look like in the future and how we will get there. This should encompass how we will demonstrate value to our Pro customers in both everyday and peak moments and how these opportunities should be tailored to our different verticals (e.g., Contractor, Interior Design, Food Service). Then organize and execute our testing plans for unlocking this vision.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Pricing teams on continued platform enhancements and scaling that will benefit all stores and geographies.
- Act as the Chief Merchant of tentpole moments on Wayfair Professional:
- Partner with our Brand team to define and execute key promotional opportunities, including event concepting, value propositions, and curation strategies.
- Coordinate closely with supplier facing teams to ensure strong discount sourcing & availability, identifying opportunities to showcase key brands.
- Refine our retail pricing strategy.
- Develop and adapt other promotional strategies (e.g., closeouts, flash deals) in an appropriate way for our Pro.
- Build your organization of the future:
- Drive efforts to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive team environment.
- Enhance the capabilities of each of the team members, particularly your direct reports.
- Establish a core definition of success (e.g., KPIs) for the teams.
- Communicate team vision and mandate to core team and cross-functional partners.
Who You Are:
- Endlessly curious, you can synthesize behavioral, attitudinal, and market data to create a holistic story with strong recommendations.
- You are customer-centric with a strong intuition for what consumers want. You enjoy shopping!
- You are motivated by insight and hypothesis-led, with the solid analytical foundation necessary to validate it.
- Highly collaborative, you can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence.
- You are a respected mentor of and champion for your teams, leading by example and rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done.
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity in a dynamic, high-growth environment. You are an exceptional influencer, capable of mobilizing internal and external teams towards a common objective.
- Adept at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business.
What Youll Need:
- 8+ years of experience in relevant areas.
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results.
- Passion for leveraging large data sets to drive strategic insights.
- Well-rounded, versatile performer, capable of adapting as our business continues to evolve.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, technology-driven environment, and motivate teams to bring our future-state vision to life.
- Experience communicating, collaborating, and delivering business results with executive audiences.
- Experience in and passion for building high performance teams.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.