Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We think critically to tackle complex challenges.
You will join as a leader in the Global Analytics Tech Team team focused on driving the design, creation and operation of the business infrastructure and data solutions that supports our Global operations teams and our business strategy primarily driven by the synergies of the tech and business world.
In this role you will act as a technical guide to enable the business to get where they need to go, working in the intersection between engineering and business. Youll manage a strong team of ambitious Data Analysts and Managers focusing on coaching and development while simultaneously managing a high number of senior executive stakeholders. Were looking for someone creative, innovative and always optimizing for the success of the initiative.
What Youll Do
- Lead a group of 10+ highly skilled Data Analysts and Managers - where success is shown in the ability to coach and mentor them to the next level of performance
- Act as the primary analytics contact for more than 15+ Business teams, keeping them appraised, updated and confident with the work the team is doing and the vision for the future.
- Drive a step-change in Performance Management reporting from historical insights to forward looking proactive and predictive modeling
- Oversee large-scale technical migrations and change management: e.g. migration into cloud-based solutions, ensuring that our systems and processes continue to operate at all times.
- Work as a thought partner and technical innovator for the head of the department, bringing a fresh perspective to old problems, with a high focus on collaboration and problem-solving.
- Partner with Engineering departments to ensure a strong synergy between technology capabilities and business visibility needs, often getting into the technical details of real-time data streaming and pipelining (Kafke/GCP)
What Youll Need
- 5+ years managing analytical teams, with experience in coaching and developing junior team members
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to and managing 15+ senior stakeholders simultaneously
- 8+ Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis:
- Experience building reporting tooling on large data sets; experience with Excel/Tableau/Looker/DataStudio
- Advanced SQL/Big Query and programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired.
- Cloud Architecture Integration
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record
- Numeracy & strong analytical ability
- Solution-oriented & curious intellectual mindset- We provide fast results, we scope projects and we are always learning
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.