Associate Director, Client Experiences
Located in Boston, Massachusetts
Wayfairs Physical Retail Team is seeking an Associate Director of Client Experience to enable Wayfairs physical retail agenda. The Associate Director of Client Experience will be a part of the Wayfair Physical Retail Services & Experience team that will help craft the playbook to stand up and scale stores in North America across all five Wayfair brands ( Wayfair, All Modern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main, Perigold).
In this role you will work with cross-functional partners (ie. Training & Development and various Service owners) to help build and execute a platform strategy to provide a seamless client and associate brand experiences and sales which must then be customized by brand. We are seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking, detail oriented collaborator and people leader who can drive execution and delivery of the client and associate experience.
This role will be based in Boston and reports to the Director of Services & Experience. It offers significant cross functional responsibility. As the retail portfolio grows you should expect to lead a team to manage an increasing number of physical retail stores experience offerings and needs.
What youll do:
- Define client journey through the design experience, including professionals
- Identify/ develop:
- Technology needs (CRM, Quotes, mood boards, space planning)
- Tactile offerings by category for swatches/ cuttings
- Design selling process
- Collaborate to ensure the client journey through the design bar is seamlessly integrated into the entire in-store experience
- Implement client service evaluation process and measure
- Devise plan for Business to Customer and Business to Business offerings in physical retail stores
- Ensure excellent client service through client service through measurement and evaluation
- Entire store sales and experience process is seamless:
- Client facing policies - ensure they work for the client in the physical store
- Attached service offerings: Protection, Delivery & Assembly
- Guide aesthetic choices: amenities, music, scent
- Store Design Sales team training, including product knowledge, services, FOH and BOH policy and procedure
- Drive in-store Registry experience
What youll need:
- 10+ years home physical retail leadership experience required, with preferred guided design journey experience
- Strong business management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead initiatives
- Ability to execute strategy and create iterations to bring best in class to life
- Ability to lead cross functionally and drive results
- Demonstrated team leadership and development skills
- Thrives in a high-growth, ambiguous environment where timelines are tight and stakes are high
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.