Wayfair is looking for a seasoned consumer research and analytics leader to build and scale our insights practice. This highly visible team is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and distributing qualitative and quantitative perceptual data from customers and prospects to help business leaders make customer-first decisions across all of our brands and geographies. This individual reports into the Head of Global Brand Management and Insights in a highly influential, global role responsible for defining the learning agenda for the Brand organization (across each of our consumer brands and/or professional business) and for overseeing the work that enables us to derive insights that inform global brand priorities. This team also partners with senior leaders across the organization on three fronts: first, to drive action against the brand priorities, second, to inform business trends with data and insights from market research, competitive share of wallet, and consumer trends; and finally, to lead strategic deep-dive initiatives with the direct customer and consumer input.
This individual must be a charismatic and pragmatic leader with a strong track record of building and scaling highly effective research teams. You will have deep experience in establishing the infrastructure that leads to research programs that consistently meet a high-quality bar. You must be a left-brain/right-brain leader with deep consumer intuition and an extensive background in brand and shopper insights across qualitative and quantitative methods. Finally, you will have a record of quantifiable success and experience working cross-functionally in a data-driven, fast-paced, and high-growth company. You are comfortable leading teams through ambiguity in a dynamic, environment, capable of mobilizing internal and external stakeholders towards a common objective.
What Youll Do:
- Set the vision, direction, and strategy for Wayfairs consumer insights practice.
- Scale the team by applying approaches to support team intake/capacity, setting processes, and building automation where necessary.
- Drive action against insight. Socialize and empower the organization to understand customer needs deeply.
- Build agile, creative research methodologies to meet the needs of a fast-growing, multi-faceted organization.
- Frame, structure, and synthesize complex data and information in order to craft the story and drive action.
- Partner with senior stakeholders across the organization to ensure we know our audience, that were educated on the needs were addressing and that were communicating with messages and offers that resonate.
- Oversee a team of analysts, researchers, and managers
Who You Are:
- Dynamic leader, you are a respected champion of consumer insights and how it connects to business decision-making
- Endlessly curious, you push past the obvious to uncover deep consumer truths
- Crafty and creative, you know how to develop research solutions that are both scrappy and elicit decision-driving insights
- Skilled storyteller, you can synthesize behavioral attitudinal, and market data to create a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Highly collaborative, you can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate the needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which research initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business
What youll need:
- Proven track record of leadership and ownership, across a diverse set of responsibilities, with measurable results
- 12+ years of experience with demonstrated success as both an analyst and manager of behavioral, market or customer experience data
- 7+ years of people management experience, including leading managers of managers. Passion for building high-performance teams
- Must have corporate research experience applying insights in context; vendor experience is a nice-to-have, but not enough on its own
- Experience working with stakeholders/clients and developing specific research plans based on loose goals or agendas so you can help coach managers and analysts
- Exceptional focus on details related to methodology and analysis; knowing that there is a right way to do things, coupled with a passion for conducting scrappy research when appropriate
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.