By applying to this position, your application is automatically considered for the range of Data Science roles we have at Wayfair. If we think you might be a fit, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your background and discuss relevant positions in more detail.
Who We Are
Our Marketing Machine Learning team drives development of world-class ML systems that improve our customer understanding and marketing decisions. We build innovative ML products and services that enhance our customer experience, improve customer loyalty, and ultimately grow our business. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, causal inference and personalization. Were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
What Youll Do
- Work at the intersection of causal inference, machine learning, and big data to develop novel capabilities and software to drive algorithmic decision-making enterprise-wide
- Develop and drive the teams vision for a platform-based solution for evaluating the long-term, incremental value of various customer actions or differentiated treatments
- Lead a highly nimble, cross-functional team of ML Scientists, Statisticians, Engineers, Analysts, and Product Managers
- Lead the R&D agenda to develop innovate and scalable causal inference approaches that extend beyond our current capabilities
- Work highly cross-functionally with senior leadership (VP+) across the organization to address key business needs with either our existing technologies or propose, scope, and prioritize new capabilities where gaps exists
- Evangelize teams vision across Wayfair to drive platform understanding and adoption
- Partner with peer ML and engineering teams to drive the integration of model outputs into production decision-making systems many channels, placements, and geographies
- Manage your teams investment across a portfolio of legacy and new platform development projects; attract, develop, coach, and mentor top talent
Who You Are
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field with an emphasis on causal inference and/or experimental design.
- 7+ years of experience working as a professional data or research scientist. Consistent track record of delivering results, both as an IC and through others
- 4+ years of experience mentoring and developing research scientists, applied DS/ML scientists, or Economists
- You have a collaborative management-style and want to see yourself and others thrive.
- Expertise in causal inference with interest in educating senior leadership, motivating teams, and bringing novel, best-in-class solutions to e-commerce space
- Strong track-record of influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction by leveraging data-driven insights; excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strategic thinker with a customer-centric mindset and a desire for creative problem solving, bold idea, and looking to make a big impact in a growing organization
- Proficient in one or more programming languages, e.g. Python, R, etc.
Nice To Have
- Publications at well-regarded conferences and academic journals, or white-papers and industry associated journals on machine learning, causal inference, statistics, information theory or probability theory
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.