Who We Are
Wayfairs Machine Learning team builds algorithmic systems that enhance our customer experience, improve customer loyalty, and ultimately drive our bottom line. The Machine Learning & Algorithmic Marketing team at Wayfair develops ML models and reinforcement learning systems to power algorithmic decision-making across key marketing channels, including Paid Search, Display, Social Media, Direct Mail, Online Video and more.
As the Product Leader for our portfolio of customer-centric ML products, you will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure there is strong alignment between Wayfairs business objectives and our ML solutions. Youll quarterback the roadmap, planning, and delivery of key machine learning capabilities focused on digital advertising and paid media at large. Youll lead the charge by rallying a team of highly skilled data scientists, ML engineers, analysts, and fellow product managers as we build scalable algorithmic systems responsible for optimizing millions of customer-level decisions: Who do we target? On what channels? How frequently? How much do we bid? What type of ad do we show? Which creative asset? Etc.
TLDR; If you are a technology enthusiast and working at the intersection of machine learning, ad-tech/mar-tech, and eCommerce sounds appealing to you, you should consider applying. You might be on a vendor call with Facebook in the morning, a discussion with our ML scientists on reinforcement learning in the afternoon, and meeting with our infrastructure team later in the day.
What Youll Do
- Responsible for the roadmap, planning, and delivery of machine learning solutions from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring its overall business value
- Interface with Marketing, Ad Tech, and other Engineering and Product teams to drive the integration of our algorithmic solutions into existing production systems
- Lead the ideation, opportunity sizing, planning, and integration of machine learning models into various inbound/outbound marketing channels and storefront placements
- Serve as the single point of contact for your portfolio of ML products and triage new stakeholders requests and understanding where/how this fits into our longer term roadmap
- Develop and own communication strategy for both technical and business stakeholders (including OKR tracking, sprint planning, executive documentation, and biweekly updates)
- Drive the integration of our algorithmic solutions into existing production system
- Collaborate with product leads across Wayfair Ad-Tech, Storefront, Infrastructure, and peer ML teams to ensure were building the right capabilities in the right place
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress for broad portfolio of 10+ ML products throughout Wayfair, including VP/C-level executives
What Youll Need
- An obsession with the customer and ability to empathize; a natural bias towards taking a customer-centric lens in how we frame, approach, and ultimately solve every problem the team works on
- 8+ years of product management experience ideally in the with data science, machine learning, or other analytical products
- Understanding of machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving
- A technology enthusiast with a curious mind; you value continuous learning and enjoy staying up to date on the latest in data science, big data, marketing, advertising, etc.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand business needs and the underpinnings of our product vision as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Solid SQL/ data wrangling skills, ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker, and experience calling APIs using Python or other languages
- Most importantly, a positive can-do attitude and no excuses mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenac
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.