Who We Are
Were the Experience Design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting problems that are reshaping how people discover, find, purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. Were a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class designers who are hard at work transforming the experience of shopping for your home. Our design practice is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced.
How can we leverage AR to make it easier for our customers to imagine how furniture would fit in their space? How can we seamlessly connect them with gig economy assembly and installation pros to get that new chandelier installed before the next dinner party? If you're interested in answering these types of questions, youll love our innovative and dynamic team!
What Youll Do
This role will be the senior most product design leader for the Homebase-App pod.
Homebase is Wayfairs Design System, a library of code and design assets that are the building blocks of digital interfaces across the company. This consolidated design system is the single source of truth for web and mobile app experiences across Wayfair, AllModern, Joss & Main, Birch Lane, Wayfair Professional, Perigold, our Partner Home supplier portal, and many internal tools.
Homebase is used daily by our 150+ person Experience Design community, and our vast engineering team to build the next iteration of great experiences for our customers, suppliers, and employees alike. It allows our designers and engineers to efficiently deliver cohesive web and mobile app user experiences, freeing them up to tackle more nuanced problems. In short, we enable Wayfair teams to ship better products, faster.
The Homebase App pod is responsible for the maintenance and evolution of our design system across iOS and Android platforms. They collaborate closely with their Homebase Web, Homebase Enablement, and Accessibility teams to ensure our design system is the most efficient and effective way to build products at Wayfair.
Like its Homebase Web counterpart, the Homebase App Library team is focused on enabling other designers and engineers to quickly ship cohesive end user experiences through foundational guidelines, flexible components, and community support. Specifically, this team owns the pattern library and design system operations. This includes collaborating with design and engineering partners across the organization, owning various support channels, conducting training, and coaching the team on system standards and best practices.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product oversight, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Demonstrate strong management and communication skills. Be a strategist who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside their teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
What Youll Need
- 8+ years of Design experience for consumers and consumer brandsa big plus if you have experience in e-commerce.
- Extensive experience with design systems, such as developing, maintaining, or utilizing brand standards, style guides, component designs, modular libraries, or design toolkits.
- Expert-level knowledge in one or more modern screen design tools. Including, but not limited to Figma, Sketch, Framer, Abstract, UXPin, and Adobe XD.
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills, able to clearly articulate design rationale and goals.
- Decisions that demonstrate strong considerations of accessibility standards, platform best practices, and/or adherence to brand guidelines or themes.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment.
- Well-documented and clearly presented case studies highlighting comprehensive research, component/site audits, competitive analysis, and concise writing ability.
- An online portfolio of case studies that demonstrates unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, data-driven approach, design operations, people management, and strategic thinking.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
Interested in learning more about Wayfairs Experience Design team? Check out our Medium: https://medium.com/wayfair-design
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.