Associate Director, Security Operations Center
Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers in the US, UK, Germany, and Canada to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 20 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting our customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes from product discovery to final delivery.
Reporting to the Global Head of Security Operations, you will work closely with engineering management and the security leadership team to modernize and manage the cybersecurity operations center. As Associate Director of Security Operations, you will have the responsibility day to day operations of the Security Operation Center, to include intelligence, detection, and response for all types of security threats. You will have the opportunity to learn new tools and technology while drawing on your strengths as a technology leader to help develop and drive the execution of the Security Operations strategy. If youre collaborative, driven and passionate about security and leadership and enjoy solving complex problems, we want you to join our team.
What Youll Be Doing
- Manage security operations for a global, hybrid, multi-cloud, agile technology company in a period of high growth and expansion
- Partner with Security leadership on the creation and implementation of the cybersecurity operations technology roadmap that will enable the SOC to scale and support Wayfair through the next period of growth
- Identify and implement processes and tools to improve the automation and efficiency of monitoring, detection, and response to threats and incidents
- Establish threat-based monitoring and detection to ensure appropriate visibility to global business functions and and make data-driven, risk-based decisions for response and remediation
- Lead and coordinate security investigations to closure including implementation of appropriate remediation measures to reduce risk of future exploitation
- Lead or assist the Crisis Management Team during significant incidents/crises
- Establish appropriate standards, direct implementation, and identify and respond to information and security related incidents
- Manage and empower a distributed team by providing professional development, feedback, and mentorship for technical decision making
- Identify staffing and skillset needs to ensure the SOC can continue to deliver value in support of larger Engineering and Corporate growth initiatives
- Identify and drive improvements to cybersecurity and business resilience
- Foster working relationships with divisional/subsidiary business and IT customers to deliver value to the business
- Provide relevant and actionable reporting to stakeholders and executive management.
- Collaborate with industry and partner organizations to identify threat trends and best practices
What You Will Need To Be Successful
- 8+ years of experience in security leadership
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related technical field, equivalent practical experience
- Experience driving automation in cloud and hybrid environments, preferably including knowledge of GCP and Azure native capabilities
- Experience with modern DevOps practices
- Ability to act as a strategist and champion for security; paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to act
- High level of credibility, with an accomplished background in security, in a variety of industries
- Ability to build and develop the appropriate team that delivers on key objectives and navigates the security landscape
- Ability to build constructive relationships with diverse groups of people, including internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with legal, risk, and audit teams to ensure strong cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A commitment to customer service excellence
- Ability to drive results and champions change
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.