Wayfair is seeking a dynamic Associate Director of Talent Development for Physical Retail, North America. This person will be responsible for leading the Training & Development program strategy and execution for our growing physical retail organization.
We are looking for a leader with a creative mindset towards problem solving; a passion for people development; and a love for physical retail to establish a strategic and systematic way to build scalable business competence and leadership within our stores.
This leader will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of the Physical Retail operations, processes, and needs, in order to enable the ability to consult with the most senior leaders across the physical retail business. This person must be comfortable designing and executing on a talent and development strategy that is both agile and durable, ensuring best in class practices are implemented consistently to ensure quality knowledge transfer and results proven application of skills to build a best in class physical retail customer experience.
What You'll Do
- Focus on Wayfair's Physical Retail organization to help build and drive the Training & Development strategy to align with business objectives and growth projections across North America, through partnership with Physical Retail and Talent senior leadership teams
- Lead innovative, best-in-class learning solutions that drive the forward strategy to produce a culture of learning that excites and engages Physical Retail associates/employees and build programs that contribute to a high standard for the physical retail customer experience
- Lead and develop a high performing team of direct reports, consisting of Managers and Individual contributors
- Build strong partnerships and collaboration with cross organizational and functional training leaders to enable consistency in training and quality programs across Wayfair business lines
- Engage inhouse product and engineering teams to integrate learning approaches into the day to day tools used by employees
- Develop and deliver engaging, creative, and impactful virtual, in-person, and blended learning experiences to improve individual and organizational performance and development
- Oversee training impact measurement, reporting trend analysis across sites, and consulting with stakeholders across North America.
- Proactively collect & communicate Physical Retail training and development needs to the central Talent Development organization
- Identify and roll-out training & knowledge management tools tailored to our current and future needs
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required; Degree in Business, Organizational Development, or Industrial Psychology majors is a plus
- 7-10 years of experience as a proven leader in a fast paced retail organization; physical retail experience and/or physical retail build-up experience is preferred
- 5+ years of talent leadership experience; Training & Development experience is a plus
- Experience in Learning Management Systems (LMS) administration; Cornerstone experience highly preferred. Experience implementing Learning Experience Platforms (LXP) such as Axonify, Centrical or similar is a plus.
- Able to consult with multiple levels within the organization to assess talent development needs and recommend viable design solutions
- Experience interfacing with Sr. Leadership; developing relationships, objectively challenging, presenting, reporting, and consulting
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies, facilitation skill practices, quality assurance models, and coaching strategy is preferred
- Proven ability to develop learning curricula and conduct in depth training needs assessments with key stakeholders
- Ability to evaluate data to illustrate meaningful performance trends and identify opportunity areas
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels
- Quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Goal oriented self-starter and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities
- Able to maintain a global mindset with a strong collaborative approach with peers and stakeholders
- Ability to travel as needed
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.