Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production--all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in the UK and Germany. It has been recognized as a MES Challenger on the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. You can learn more and get started for free at Tulip.co.
This role is Tulips first internal legal hire, with significant opportunity for growth and functional ownership, helping to scale the company and guide Tulip through its growth. The Legal function should thrive on providing effective business solutions to legal questions and partnering with all parts of Tulip to achieve the best results. If youre excited to have a broad range of responsibilities and work closely with our company leaders to provide legal support on a wide variety of fast-moving projects, we want to hear from you about being our Head of Legal.
Please note this role is based out of our Somerville, MA office. However, you wont be required to come into the office until COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Have a J.D. and license to practice, in good standing, and am a member of an MA state bar. DE bar is a plus.
- 4-6 years experience practicing law in a law-firm, in-house, or other equivalent experience; ideally with experience in commercial enterprise / SaaS software
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally; able to provide clear and concise legal advice to stakeholders who may or may not be familiar with the topic
- Possess business savvy and able to navigate through and effectively evaluate legal and commercial risk
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts
- Experienced in a variety of general corporate governance and transactional matters
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable for high-quality work, timely delivery, and effective results
- Have demonstrated a strong ability to quickly and effectively develop specialized subject matter expertise, across a variety of topics
- Can handle ambiguity, prioritize effectively, and manage multiple cross-functional projects to completion with little direction
- Able to work in an uncertain environment while maintaining a sense of humor
- Willing to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that benefit all parties
- Exercise discretion and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
What skills do I need?
- Advise on a wide range of transactional and corporate governance matters
- Develop & maintain strong business relationships as a key relationship manager for our Legal department among the various internal business groups at Tulip
- Design, build, and improve upon our Legal department processes and policies
- Provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial contracts, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating service and vendor agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and supplier agreements, leases, and employment agreements
- Support our HR team on employment law matters and manage the legal aspects of our foreign subsidiaries
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws, including state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, CCPA, GDPR, and other global privacy laws)
- Experience with setting up and supporting international entities is a plus (geos include the EU, China, and Japan)
- People Operations
- Customer Team
- Business Operations
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.