KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the worlds leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. Were also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is seeking a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated Associate Manager of Commercial Partnerships who will be at the center of our commercial activities in NORAM, building and managing relationships with our hotel partners. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of consumer behavior in the industry, outstanding analytical skills and will work closely with KAYAKs marketing, engineering, product, analytics, legal, finance and other business teams. The candidate must be a self-starter and thrives in an agile, fast-paced environment with a passion for data and analytics. The ability to adapt to a fast paced environment is key for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Initiate, build and maintain new and existing relationships with North American distribution and advertising partners in the hotel markets.
- Analyze, supervise and optimize partner performance for the benefit of our partners and users.
- Excel at handling day-to-day communication (e.g. emails, phone calls, etc) and performance monitoring (e.g. reporting) with assigned partners.
- Design, communicate and lead a market growth strategy, identify and address content gaps as well as other product and marketing opportunities.
- Use industry knowledge to identify and complete key opportunities to improve the product and market position of the KAYAK.
- Measure product performance using financial, operational and user metrics.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and trends of online travel to identify KAYAKs strengths and weaknesses, then formulate and implement a plan to close the gap.
Please apply if:
- At least two years of relevant experience managing partnerships with hotel providers and at least one year of experience in digital advertising. Experience working for a meta-search company is a strong plus.
- As a global business with multiple offices around the world, we are looking for someone with international work experience that can run sophisticated, wide-ranging relationships with different partners.
- Proven experience with contracting and negotiation skills are crucial.
- Prior experience working with product and engineering teams strongly preferred.
- Love numbers - strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to investigate issues and find opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience, including storyboarding and crafting your own high-quality presentation materials.
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external technical teams, particular for API integrations. A technical background is desired.
- A great teammate and an independent self-starter, strong organization and prioritization skills with a track record of going the extra mile.
- High proficiency in Excel, Jira, Powerpoint, Cognos, data visualization tools and Salesforce.
- BA/BS degree is required.
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email [email protected]. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1