Manager, Creative Operations, Wayfair
The Creative Operations Team at Wayfair is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our in-house creative team and run projects and initiatives for our Marketing Creative channels.
In this role, you are responsible for managing all workflows and timelines for the creative work we do. You set and continuously optimize processes to ensure the projects are delivered on brief, on time and in line with business goals and priorities. We are looking for someone who pays attention to detail while overseeing multiple projects at once and different challenges that come your way daily. Someone who can work effectively and passionately both independently and with a team, while likely managing 1-2 direct reports. We strive for creative and operational excellence, ideally looking for a strong organizer with 5-6+ years of experience managing large and complex creative projects in which you successfully applied agile methodologies.
This role will require leadership skills as you will navigate alongside different roles, needs and tasks of the creative team, along with building relationships with our Marketing partners, helping to build the best team and collaborate effectively. Strong communication is a must, as you work closely with various cross-functional teams.
Besides your profound organizational skills you bring a strategic mindset that makes you capable to relate your work to the long term business objectives. Wayfair is a data-driven company, hence we expect you to be comfortable in using performance and operational data to inform your planning and your decision-making process, and you would also develop insights on an operational level from your analysis of available project-specific data and KPIs.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with business teams and stakeholders to ensure goals and expectations for all marketing promotion work are met within a timely manner
- Challenge input briefs, identify gaps or inconsistencies in order to facilitate an efficient creative kick off and execution
- Oversee Marketing roadmaps to forecast and define the capacity requirements and project milestones
- Plan, organize and oversee the creative work in sprints, applying agile SCRUM methodologies, tools and ceremonies
- Establish and continuously strive to optimize the creative operational workflows
- Know about the key operational metrics and analyse them to determine project success and gain insights for gaining further efficiencies in creative operations.
- Onboard, oversee and manage creative freelancers, as required, to ensure a seamless and successful collaboration with the entire team
What You'll Need
- Exceptional project management capabilities, comfortably using common project management tools (like Jira) and applying agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, Retrospectives)
- Understanding of a multi-disciplined creative process and the different disciplines involved
- Ability to take a defined objective and define, scope and implement a project plan from scratch
- Ability to unpack and simplify complex projects or given problems
- Proficiency to prioritize and manage multiple projects or tasks, with high adaptability to change if required
- Experience in short and long-term resource planning
- Excellent skills in communicating with and managing stakeholders, with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Critical thinking and an analytical approach to solve problems
- Use good judgment and succinct communication to be effective in driving results
- Proactivity and a positive, people-oriented, energetic attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. English is a must, German is a plus.
- Comfort to work efficiently and effectively within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience and comfort in using data as part of the decision making process and result evaluation
- 5-6+ years of experience in successfully managing projects from start to finish
- Work experience in e-commerce or agency is desired
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.