Wayfair - AV Collaboration Engineer
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge technology company operating in the e-commerce space. Were committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience for all things home. Were looking for an experienced AV Collaboration Engineer to join our growing technology team. The team is responsible for maintaining and supporting Wayfairs Global AV Collaboration Technology we currently offer as well as future tech that can help our employees collaborate faster and more efficiently. This position is based out of our Boston-Copley location.
What you will do:
- Independently conduct research on new tech solutions. Provide detailed proposals with each solution. Once approved, create a plan for procurement, development, implementation, and fallout strategy.
- Installing and configuring video conferencing and collaboration solutions
- Help standardize software and hardware for all Wayfair offices across the globe
- Research potential new hardware, software and other improvements to our current environment
- Production support for the Audio Visual office components, including, but not limited to:
- Video conferencing
- Digital signage
- Live event facilitation and support, including coordinating local setup and support across other office locations globally
- Collaboration application system administration. Including, but not limited to:
- Web/Video Conference Applications (Google Meet, Zoom,ect.)
- Device MDM platform applications (Google Admin MDM, iTune, Jamf)
- Providing tier 2 ticket-based support, including walk-up and remote user support
- Maintain and curate new Vendor Relationships. Review roadmaps to ensure the team has the latest product and services information as well as finding cost-saving opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with department stakeholders and IT tech leaders
- Document troubleshooting steps, solutions to common issues, as well as instructions to any new processes.
- Work with and or delegate tasks to team members and or business stakeholders within projects or initiatives.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds of A/V hardware (TVs, speakers, projectors, etc..)
Who you are:
- College/University Degree in IT/Engineering or 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Collaboration Technology, Audiovisual Technology or Tier 2 IT Support
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and execute on project work independently
- Ability to independently conduct research on new tech solutions, provide detailed proposals and implementation of solution.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable interacting with and supporting key meetings for senior and C-level leadership across global locations
- Detail-oriented, with the belief that anything worth doing is worth measuring, and its worth doing right, every single time
- Extensive experience with AV infrastructure, design, & implementation
- Experience with implementing tech solutions for a large company with a global footprint
- Experience with a ticketing system is required (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience with Video Conferencing software such as Google Meet, Zoom, etc.
- Experience with Powershell / PS Gsuite, Google Administration, JAMF, SCCM, and Active Directory
- Nice to have: Experience with Crestron, Extron, Chrome OS, Windows 10 Environment, and with video conferencing equipment such as Logitech, Crestron, Polycom, and Chrome OS devices
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.