Chewys IT Business Intelligence team supports the front-end data stack, which enables our users to leverage our data resources. We are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join our team in Boston, MA.
The IT Business Intelligence team serves a wide audience of data users. Were looking for an Engineer that has excellent technical skills, can build scalable solutions, has a strong passion for data analysis. Most importantly, were looking for a candidate that is deeply passionate about data and looking to grow their career in a fast-paced dynamic environment. This role will have the opportunity to experience all areas of Business Intelligence from rolling out new BI tools, to providing user support, platform administration, report development, data pipeline management and data analysis.
Ideal candidate will showcase great business acumen with excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills and ability to make decisions with backing data. He/she will have strong bias towards data driven decision making and ability to work with ambiguity. If you are passionate about data and want to join a growing IT Analytics team within Chewy - this role offers a fantastic mix of technical and business challenges.
What Youll Do:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of a variety of reporting content to support key business decisions
- Support the growth of platforms and platform administration by implementing automation to ensure our platforms are running smoothly.
- Serve as liaison between the Business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing solutions to meet the need of our users
- Recognize, adopt and evangelize the best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Support leadership with timely recurring and ad-hoc analyses
- Continually improve ongoing platform, reporting, automating or simplifying process with the goal of improving the quality and value of data at Chewy
What Youll Need:
- Candidate must possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of BI data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- 3+ years of experience with BI/visualization tools like Tableau/Qlik/Looker etc.
- 3+ years of work experience in building self-serve BI solutions, canned reports and enterprise level BI solutions
- Strong experience working within the AWS ecosystem
- Strong SQL skills with a working understanding of columnar databases
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable working in an environment that requires self-driven learning
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining data structures necessary for analysis
- Comfortable presenting findings to SMEs from across the organization, including executive leadership
- Ability to develop production quality code that can be implemented at scale
- BI Platform administration experience
- Strong Tableau Experience
- AWS Experience
- Ownership Mentality
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com