We are looking for a Billing Rules 2.0 Migration Support Business Analyst to join our Claim Readiness team within our Technology Enabled Services division. You will be part of a team responsible for ensuring the successful migration, implementation and ongoing operations of a new billing rules system within athenahealth.
But enough about us, lets talk about you.
You are an analytical andtechnically-mindedindividual with superior attention to details.You are comfortable working with new and untried systems and canprocess and resolvecomplexquestions or issuesfrom multiple anglesusing your expertise and resources. You adhere to defined and communicated standards and processes and suggest revisions when processes and standards can be improved.
The Team: Our Claim Readiness team eliminatesthe administrative burden associated with medical billing for our clients and ensurestheircash flow byenabling the creation ofaccurateinsurance claims withminimalclientwork.
- Become an expert in complex decision modeling and use your skills to translate business requirements into structured logic in our billing rules engine.
- Partner with the R&D team to implement more complex or unusual requirements.
- Perform QA review and testing to validate adherence to best practices and accuracy of outcomes.
- Provide end-user perspective to help optimize tools and processes.
- College degree or 3-5 years of relevant experience; experience with Decision Management is a plus but not required
- Strong interest in problem-solving and an aptitude for logical thinking
- Project Management or strong organizational skills
- Familiarity and comfort around web/software applications and a basic understanding of cloud-based SaaS
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and is comfortable acting as a teacher and mentor by providing constructive feedback every day
- Strong documentation skills including the ability to create and maintain process guides, analysis reporting, and release materials
- Ability to adhere to complex regulations and developing policies and procedures
- Experience with healthcare revenue cycle and claim formatting and coding requirements is a plus but we can teach you that if you dont know it yet!
We are open to remote candidates who are available for collaboration and meetings during East Coast business hours (generally between 9am and 4pm Eastern time).
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.