Aura is seeking a Senior Director to join the team with a focus on communications. This individual will work across every department and function, providing counsel, shaping communications objectives, plans and resulting tactics to support our leadership team in creating employee engagement and media awareness. The Senior Director will be involved in a broad range of communications activities focused on engaging and enabling our employees in addition to developing and executing communications strategies that support the Senior Leadership Team on external narratives and initiatives for the employer brand. The Senior Director is the communications leader, implementing the development and execution of fully integrated internal and public facing communications programs, ensuring that communications align with and support the company’s key business purpose, objectives, and values.
- Establishes strong relationships with business partners to gain a clear understanding of objectives
- Effectively advises and influences various business leaders to shape communication objectives and strategies
- Defines internal communication strategies and plans to support business requirements and deliver desired outcomes
- Writes, edits and manages the production of a wide range of internal communications focused on employee engagement and culture, and also on behalf of senior business leaders
- Manage PR agency relationship(s) and handle media inquiries. Proactively compose thought leadership bylines, pitch stories and generate brand awareness
- Works across non-hierarchical work groups to ensure message alignment and integration across the organization
- Plays a central role in best practice sharing and process development across communications and with content partners
- Finds innovative ways to leverage existing communication channels and messages
- Enhances the quality and consistency of communications
- Continuously quantifies results and measures communications effectiveness
- Plans content for monthly company-wide stand-ups and quarterly town halls, including the preparation of talking points and slides, calendar notices and Zoom meeting credentials; hosts events
- Collaborates with People Operations on the creation, maintenance, and administration of The Halo intranet
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline
- 8-10 years of experience in communications. Technology industry experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to influence senior business partners and communications colleagues to achieve business objectives
- Manage a high-volume of communication initiatives simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Detail-oriented and ability to execute flawlessly
- Project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment. Able to integrate input from multiple stakeholders while maintaining project deadlines
- Take a problem-solving and collaborative approach with communications issues.
- Help create a world-class, modern, integrated communications function in a complex environment
- Use all types of digital channels and learn new platforms quickly
- Able to exercise discretion with sensitive topics
- Self-starter, excellent work ethic, positive, energetic attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, G Suite, WordPress, Social Media management and Email Marketing tools. Knowledge of Interact a plus
Aura helps customers monitor, manage, and protect against the risks associated with their identities and personal information in a digital world. With adaptive technology, a seasoned team, and a first-of-its-kind product suite, Aura enables customers to manage disparate cybersecurity needs with ease. Backed by premier investors, WndrCo and General Catalyst, Aura's category-defining business is a holistic personal digital security platform that unites best-in-class privacy, identity, and security products.
Trusted by more than 2 million customers, Aura has a team of more than 450 people worldwide and revenues over $200 million. Most importantly, this trajectory continues to show momentum and is supported by strong organic growth in addition to strategic customer acquisition. Aura’s leadership team has seen similar success before, having grown a start-up to a valuation of over $3 billion prior to exit. With a clear vision, strong alignment, and strategic M&A execution, Aura has assembled a stellar team and built a unique culture with incredible employees. Join us for the ride!
Aura offers a competitive compensation package including a generous benefits package consisting of health, dental, retirement, and other benefits. Aura is an entrepreneurial and high growth company, and you can grow with us! We love your aura. Your aura is uniquely you, which makes our Aura better.
Aura’s offerings are built by people of diverse backgrounds that have dedicated their careers to making everyone's digital lives safer with their expertise. Leveraging our differences is an advantage that helps us learn and perform at our very best - together.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Aura.
Aura and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify.