Who we are
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. Were expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors theyll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
The entire BookBub team is currently working remotely, and this position will be onboarded and work remotely during this time as well. Our team values the health and safety of our people above all else, and though we hope to return to our office in Cambridge, MA as soon as it's safe to do so, we are continuing to work distributedly for the foreseeable future.
About the position
BookBubs Account Managers help our publisher partners use BookBub to effectively sell books and find new fans. The person in this role will be the main BookBub liaison for a group of our publisher partners in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia, responsible for hitting revenue goals from existing accounts and driving new business from publishers we dont work with yet. When its safe to do so, the person in this role will have the opportunity to regularly travel (internationally and domestically) for industry events and client meetings.
Heres a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
- Drive significant revenue from US & international publisher partners by strategically optimizing existing business and generating new business, ensuring we hit our quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Build strong relationships with our publisher partners, becoming a trusted source of guidance on how they can best use BookBubs marketing tools to achieve their goals and sell more books
- Maintain high client retention and satisfaction by providing excellent support and an unwavering willingness to assist partners with any concerns
- Represent BookBub in the publishing community and enhance our brand by presenting at industry conferences, attending networking events, and regularly meeting with partners, including internationally
- Become an indispensable member of the Partners team, representing partners interests internally while developing excellent working relationships and building trust with coworkers and other BookBub teams
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
- Experience developing and fostering professional relationships, networking and making connections, and providing client/customer support
- Demonstrated success in closing business, hitting goals, and driving revenue
- A solid understanding of ebook marketing strategies and strong knowledge of the publishing industry and its key players
- An ability to think analytically and excitement for BookBubs data-driven approach to decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Direct experience working in sales or account management in a variety of fields is a plus but not a requirement; candidates with a publishing background in publicity, marketing, rights, scouting, and agenting, etc. may have equally fitting experience for this role
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, and take-what-you-need paid time off.
Your interview experience
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected]. All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.