Account Manager, Merchandising-as-a-Service
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like and how billions will shop in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to be a part owner at a revolutionary company, where youll contribute to complex business cases?
At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods, using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
The 3D Operations team is a new, rapidly growing team at Wayfair and one of Wayfairs top initiatives. For ecommerce, Imagery sells products, however the traditional method of creating imagery in a photo studio is time consuming and expensive. Wayfair is partnering with Google, Facebook, and other leaders in the industry to disrupt the imagery space and shift the industry towards the creation of computer-generated 3D product models and rooms that can be combined to create imagery for products at a grand scale for a fraction of the cost.
The Merchandising-as-a-Service (MaaS) team is looking for an organized and forward-thinking Manager to help drive the Account Management work stream. Applicants for the Account Manager role must be ready to quickly engage key stakeholders and executives (Internally and Externally) in order to drive monthly and quarterly sales results across their Wayfair supplier base. Solution oriented, strong prioritization, clear communication skills, and client/supplier experience are a must. Sales background with a proven track record of driving results is preferred. If you are driven by making a large impact and redefining an industry, then this is the right team for you.
What Youll Do:
- Own a large portfolio of Wayfair suppliers (30-50 accounts) across multiple high growth categories. You will be responsible for building and delivering against portfolio level revenue targets and will work in tandem with leadership to set multi year goals.
- Work cross-functionally across different teams and levels to identify and execute on MaaS opportunities or remove roadblocks in order to hit sales targets
- Identify operational inefficiencies and escalate effectively to provide solutions that benefit the MaaS team
- Prioritize tasks across your portfolio and new initiatives in order to hit deadlines
- Own the spotlight - this role has high visibility to leadership and you will have the opportunity to work with and present to leadership at Wayfair weekly.
- Attend 4-6 trade shows annually, presenting to C-level executives in order to garnish continued buy-in to the MaaS program
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders to align on strategic growth initiatives with clients and 3D merchandising
- Optimization of existing processes/creation of new process which will span work with category management, merchandising, engineers, product managers, and 3D modeling factory
- Scope new revenue streams for MaaS as we continue to expand our nest of services
- Challenge the status quo and bring solution oriented suggestions to the team
What Youll Need:
- 3+ years of experience
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment with a high degree of comfort in constant change
- Ability to manage a large pipeline and maintain a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrated experience independently driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Youd be a great fit if youre any combination of the following:
Youre a top performer at a top-tier tech company. Stellar academic record is a plus. You believe in failing fast, learning, testing and iterating. Youre ambitious and routinely bite off more than you can chew. Youre flexible, humble, and confident and are a stellar cross-functional partner. No 3D experience necessary, but an interest in and experience with cutting edge technology is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.