Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager that will be primarily responsible for managing the global close, day to day operations, deadlines, and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation. The ideal candidate would ideally hold a CPA certification and experience working in a public company. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Assistant Controller.
- Participate in worldwide financial close, including the preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, global consolidation, and financial statement analytics.
- Manage close process, including close calendar and checklist, while working with the business stakeholders and the accounting team to ensure a timely close.
- Manage monthly consolidation of worldwide entities, including preparation of intercompany reconciliations.
- Maintain and adhere to SOX requirements all the while continuing to monitor the effectiveness of controls and recommended changes, as necessary.
- Interface with external auditors and respond to PBC requests.
- Assist in disclosure requirements for the 10-K and 10- Q filings.
- Manage and mentor direct reports.
- Assume other special activities and responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS - Bachelors Degree, required
- Big 4 accounting firm experience and CPA preferred.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Software or SaaS experience preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.).
- Experience with consolidation and international accounting.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and manage implementation of process improvements through automatization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities effectively and meet deadlines.
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting