Report to the Senior Director of Global Shared Business Services. The organizations mission is to provide delightful, customer focused services to the entire Motional, and you will be a cornerstone of this organization focusing on accounts payable and accounts receivable. This is a newly created position with a unique opportunity to build the accounts payable processes and infrastructure.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and build a world class Accounts Payable organization that can efficiently scale with Motionals hyper growth.
- Day-to-day accounts payable operations in all areas: PO and Non-PO invoice processing, payment holds, payment cycles, payment processing, expense reimbursements and vendor account reconciliations.
- Understand the full procure-to-pay cycle to quickly identify the source of bottlenecks, problems and drive issues to resolution.
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities in support of Motionals Finance organization.
- Ensure accounts payable operations comply with statutory requirements, company policies, processes, procedures, and internal controls within a global organization that includes Korea, Singapore and the United States.
- Oversee and provide guidance for the ongoing day-to-day activities and longer-term strategic direction of the department including automation and process streamlining initiatives.
- Ensure company departments and business partners have a clear understanding of accounts payable services, policies, finance policies and company approval levels.
- Develop collaborative relationships acting as a well-respected, trusted partner cross functionally with key stakeholders.
- Develop supplier/vendor relationships to quickly resolve payment issues, create and execute a payment strategy, and ensure vendor/supplier alignment with the direction of the company.
- Establish key metrics and reporting cadence for Accounts Payable and drive initiatives to scale the organization.
- Manage, coordinate, and support special projects as needed.
- Problem solve, prioritize multiple projects and adhere to business-critical deadlines
What We're Looking For
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum 8 years of accounts payable experience including several in a management role
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management and teams across the organization.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Can do attitude, can roll up the sleeves and dive into the details quickly
- Comfort to brief senior executives on results, obstacles and escalations
- Bias for action, accountability and spirit of service
Why You Should Join Us
- A servant leadership focused group where you will lead, grow and be mentored and coached
- An opportunity to build a world class Accounts Payable org where you leave your footprint for the next generation Motional vehicles
- An innovative company with talented yet humble people, one of the front runners of the self driving car race.