EverQuote, Inc. is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to lead our AP team through day-to-day operations. This role will also have the unique opportunity to build automated processes, collaborate cross functionally, and play a key role in the teams ability to scale. An ideal candidate will be process-oriented, flexible, motivating, and have a complete understanding of full-cycle Accounts Payable concepts.
- Effectively supervise the AP team to drive efficiency throughout the department.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of processes in order to eliminate/simplify/automate procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Review/Approve new vendor documentation, ensuring the company has a valid Form W-9 for all active vendors where necessary; manage 1099 tax reporting processes
- Applies experience and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to ensure expenses are recorded timely and accurately.
- Ensures the AP team is actively verifying the correct management approval hierarchy for AP invoices.
- Manages monthly closing of invoices and posting of month-end information.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Communicates and follows up with internal departments to resolve issues and determine methods for expediting problem payments.
- Performs other duties as needed and assists with special projects.
- Performs general clerical duties as needed.
- Experience in supervising accounts payable; extensive experience in accounts payable departments
- Bachelors degree in business/accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, MineralTree, and knowledge of NetSuite is preferred
- Ability to work cross functionally with Accounting and other departments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a high-volume environment.
- Flexible work hours required to meet unanticipated work demands and deadlines beyond routine workflow
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but dont let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.