Associate, Canada Customs Strategy
The Canada Customs Strategy team is a key piece of our international operations. We ensure compliance with local regulations, identify opportunities to improve our global supply chain, and help other stakeholders solve their cross-border challenges. With Wayfairs rapid growth and technology focus, our team is more innovative than the typical compliance team and plays a more strategic role in building our global supply chain.
What You'll Do
- You will perform analyses for various customs and cross-border initiatives using SQL and Excel.
- Provide support for analyses and other requests from government agencies, our partners, and stakeholders within Wayfair.
- Review and audit product classifications, valuation and origin data to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Update and monitor our reporting on a periodic basis to provide updates and insights to our stakeholders.
- Analyze import data to identify risks and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to change our business and technology processes to take advantage of trade opportunities.
- Resolve day-to-day operational issues to ensure successful and timely customs clearance.
What You'll Need
- University education, preferably in a business major.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills.
- Ability to critically read legislation, government regulations, and rulings to identify risks and opportunities.
- The ability to think both creatively and critically; youre able to think outside the box, while also evaluating all solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Familiarity with SQL is preferred.
- Experience with customs and trade compliance is preferred but not necessary.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.