Wayfair.com is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. Wayfairs community of Data Scientists are obsessed with using data and technology to ensure our customers can build a home that they love. Our platforms support millions of people searching every day for the perfect item, and provide a unique purchase and delivery experience. Come help us innovate and grow to our next $10B in revenue!
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Leader to start and lead a hands-on team of data scientists that are building Wayfairs cutting edge ML products and platforms in the sponsored product space. This includes but is not limited to the intricacies involved in operationalizing and scaling ML models to power millions of interactions between our suppliers and our customers through accurate interaction prediction, driving thinking on our internal auction platform and process, developing best-in-class NLP to allow connect customer needs to supplier content, and pushing forward a mission to bring the best products to our customers across all surfaces.
Were looking for someone who not only enjoys writing code and building models in production, but is also able to upskill the engineers, data scientists, and business leaders around them through leading by example. In this role, you will be founding and owning the development of how we approach and use data to drive a cohesive platform for how we tailor sponsored products to our customers needs.
What You'll Do
- Architect and develop end-to-end Machine Learning models for customer interaction prediction (clicks, conversions, etc)
- Leverage your deep knowledge of ML models to build scalable solutions across all customer interactions with Wayfair
- Think outside of the current technology/stack limitations to push the boundaries on what is possible and deliver feasible solutions collaboratively
- Champion open source solutions and Google Cloud native technologies, and their application to our use cases
- Lead hands-on development of broad and exact based matching algorithms to tailor suppliers content to users intent
- Partner with business leaders and engineering leaders to understand pain points and translate them into clear and robust data science solutions
- Build and own the execution of a technical roadmap, ensuring that the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Build and manage a group of high performing data scientists and help grow the organization through mentorship and developing learning opportunities
- Promote a culture of data science excellence and strengthen the technical expertise of our engineering and business leaders
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience in data science and machine learning including hands-on designing and building production models at scale
- Experience founding and managing data science teams
- Experience developing data pipelines, and orchestrating deployment of ML models, and running experiments to validate your models
- Familiarity with ML model development frameworks, ML orchestration and pipelines with experience in either Airflow, Kubeflow or MLFlow as well as Spark.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience driving teams forward and ability to influence technical decisions to line up with the companys strategy
- Hands-on experience driving data science team growth and development
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and hypothesis- driven critical thinking skills to transform data into actionable insights
- Track record of delivering novel data science solutions in an advertising space
Nice to Have
- Mix of start-up and large-company experience working on Machine Learning solutions
- Familiarity with Machine Learning platforms offered by Google Cloud and how to implement them on a large scale
- Direct experience working with sponsored products on consumer retail platforms
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.