Associate Director, Product Management, Driver Technologies
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader to build an industry-leading over-the-road technology platform that maximizes customer and business outcomes through application of technology to our transportation operations. As part of the Wayfair Transportation & Delivery teams, your platforms will optimize how our network of drivers and third-party carriers execute pickup and delivery of billions of dollars worth of big & bulky packages ensuring terrific outcomes for Wayfair suppliers, carriers, and customers. This role will drive step change improvements in Wayfairs speed, customer experience, and supply chain costs across the millions of packages flowing through our proprietary supply chain network.
Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Associate Director of Product Management for Driver Technologies you will lead a team responsible for Route Planning (defining the most optimal sequences of stops for our delivery vehicles), as well as be responsible for all tech used by our drivers while on the road (inclusive of the mobile application drivers use).
You will lead a team of product managers to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for our Driver Technology & On Road Execution teams, building a scalable technology platform for over-the-road operations and customer exception management. Technologies will be operated across Wayfairs network in North America and Europe. You will own the overarching vision, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering, Design, and Operations teams. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnership with many internal stakeholders including other transportation technology teams, operations research, finance, procurement, carrier management, customer service, storefront experience, and others.
This role reports to the Head of Product for Wayfair Transportation & Delivery and presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who are able to lead high-performing cross functional teams that bring their vision to reality. Theyll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their platform while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization. They will also serve as part of the overall Supply Chain Technology leadership team.
What You'll Do
- Partner with senior leaders to define and align business and product vision and strategy for Driver Technology & On Road Execution
- Develop and maintain a product platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of 5-7 product managers with indirect responsibility for 50+ additional cross-functional scrum members.
- Lead cross-functional teams in planning, prioritization, and product delivery including engineering, operations, operations research, and storefront experience.
- Counsel leaders in business, operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of initiatives and communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- This position will require frequent travel to sites through North America and Europe.
What Youll Need
- 8+ years Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies).
- 5+ years experience successfully leading and improving teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong technical background, with demonstrated ability to partner effectively with both engineering and operations research / data science
- Transportation industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.